Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Juniata County)

Default Young NY womans conversion on gun control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymFuWrrd_fY

A well reasoned & thought out change of positions - Worth watching and sharing with others who maybe are unfamiliar with firearms, as this lady was when she was in the peoples republic of NY.

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Re: Young NY womans conversion on gun control

Excellent video. I know several people who are afraid of guns. This will help me to give them a clear explanation on this issue. Thanks for sharing this.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Young NY womans conversion on gun control

I turned it off after her opening statement because it is not true.

NYPD records shows that 66,000 new york city residents have pistol licences including me, sio i know it's false information.

In fact the first floor of Police headquarters at one police plaza does nothing but process piostol license applications.

In fact there is big Gunshop across the street from Bloomberg's office John Jovino's Gun Shop, and there is a shooting range down the road at 23rd, street.

THe problem is that NYC residents feel intimidated and DO NOT know that they have the right to go downtown and put in for their firearms license.
    I had my license and owned many guns before moving to PA.
    THe Gun Clubs in NEW york have to refuse memberships because that many has Gun licenses.
    I hate when people generalises.
    Last edited by mrnyman; November 22nd, 2013 at 02:02 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post

NYPD records shows that 66,000 new york city residents have pistol licences including me, sio i know it's false information.

In fact the first floor of Police headquarters at one police plaza does nothing but process piostol license applications.

In fact there is big Gunshop across the street from Bloomberg's office John Jovino's Gun Shop, and there is a shooting range down the road at 23rd, street.

THe problem is that NYC residents feel intimidated and DO NOT know that they have the right to go downtown and put in for their firearms license.
    THe Gun Clubs in NEW york have to refuse memberships because that many has Gun licenses.
    66,000 in a city of how many million? How many of those are politically or financially connected?

(Chester County)

By gun license, you mean license to own a gun you keep in your home, and take to a range, not a concealed carry permit? Correct?

The 2012 census estimate for New York City showed 8,336,697 people living there. So that is 1:126.314 people with a pistol license. Or 0.791% of the population of New York City.

Also, does the pistol license allow people to carry their sidearm for protection...or simply to own it/use it at a range?

(Erie County)

66,000? Are you delusional? The number is about 2,000. Like a speck of sand on a Florida Beach. The whole state has about 90,000. Pa. has TEN times that many.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    66,000 in a city of how many million? How many of those are politically or financially connected?
    Worthless license. Does not allow you to carry.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    66,000? Are you delusional? The number is about 2,000. Like a speck of sand on a Florida Beach. The whole state has about 90,000. Pa. has TEN times that many.
    According to this site: http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...licenses/?_r=0

It is about in the middle, or roughly 37,000. They even break it down by type.

Licenses held by retired law enforcement officers (14,809). Retired police officers are usually permitted to keep and carry a personal handgun.

Premises licenses, residential (14,439). Licenses issued to residents to keep a handgun at home.

“Carry licenses” for security guards (3,241). Licenses issued to actively employed security guards to carry a holstered handgun during their regular work shifts. The guard may carry the gun directly to or from his or her residence and workplace. At all other times, the handgun must be stored, unloaded, in a locked container, either at home (within New York State) or the workplace.

“Full carry” licenses (2,291). Licenses issued to residents who have demonstrated a specific need to carry a holstered handgun on their persons. The category includes people who have received threats or who regularly handle large amounts of cash.

“Special carry” licenses (1,046). Similar to “full carry” licenses, these licenses are issued to residents of New York State who live outside of New York City but have gone through the valid process for carrying a handgun in their home jurisdiction.

Premises licenses, commercial (872). Licenses issued to business owners to keep a firearm at their place of business.

“Limited carry” licenses (241). Similar to “full carry” licenses, except that the license carries specific conditions and restrictions — for example, carrying a holstered handgun while making a cash delivery from a place of business to a specific bank branch. The handgun must be stored at the place of business listed at all other times.

(Chester County)

Wow, that is next to nothing. NY is worse than I thought, which is pretty bad!