Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Pics put me in research ,why ?

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    How does one get a job being a "PICS Operator"? Just curious.
    They are probably Civilian Police Communication Operators with the PSP. Their website probably has employment info.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    How does one get a job being a "PICS Operator"? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    They are probably Civilian Police Communication Operators with the PSP. Their website probably has employment info.
    Here you go: https://www.psp.pa.gov/employment/Pa...ors-(PCO).aspx

There is one good thing to consider.... the crazyness and the amount of paperwork the FBI (in this case PICS) has to do right now is going to cause hiccups in the system. Major. hiccups. This is what the people accepted in the early 90's, and it's something that we have to deal with until every American gets their head out of their ass.

edit- sorry for the necro-post. Someone else dug this up and I thought it was recent....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    When called in on the automated line, if the approval does not come back immediately, the FFL will be transfered to a PICS Operator where he will be asked some questions. Once those questions are answered he will be put on hold while the operator does whatever they need to do. The operator should then come back on the line with either an approval number or say that the person is denied, undetermined or placed in research. The operator will give the FFL his/her first name and will verify the FFL's phone number so the FFL can be called back when the status changes.

If the FFL got the "Hold for the next available operator" message and didn't talk to an operator quick enough to suit him and he hung up, then HE has to call back in and answer a question (date of birth) about the person he wants to get the status for and wait for an operator to come on the line so he can talk to the operator and get the status of this person.

XRingshooter I really appreciate all the knowledge you’ve shared on this topic. I have one last question that I think you likely know the answer to. On the PICS check form, in the section with the approval number and date in the top right hand corner, does that date HAVE to line up with the date the FFL received the approval from PICS? I’m just curious if that’s relevant or not or will they (FFL) just write any date that makes sense for them?

I ask this because a pistol I just picked up today had my approval date as the same day when I went in a few weeks back. I was contacted around 12 days after I originally went in, and am now wondering if it was an actual PICS delay or the FFL dragging his feet.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678