Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Question on CHL

Default Question on CHL

Hey can someone please help with a question on Pennsylvania's CHL license?
    Looks like I'm heading your way to live in Pittsburgh in a month or so from Fort Worth, Texas, and although I have had my Texas CHL for ten years, I am wondering what I have to do to get my license in Pennsylvania? I know we have a reciprocal agreement with each other here in Texas/Pennsylvania, but is my CHL good in Pensylvania until I get the Pensylvania license, or is my Texas license good there until it expires or what? I have carried so long now I do not feel comfortable not carrying, and I am wondering what my options are, and how much red tape I am liable to run into.
    Thanks,
    Stan Allen

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Question on CHL

Since you have your Texas license, just apply NOW for a PA license, and you'll have it when you move here. Centre County's sheriff is generally one of the best to deal with. This Page has instructions and a link to an application.

Thanks a million. This sure seems painless! I assume there is no problem holding both?
    Stan

(Northampton County)

Welcome to the state. Just so in case you see the new term you understand, here it is called a License To Carry a Firearm (LTCF).

(York County)

They also call it "sweeping the rug" not vaccuming. So long as were giving out instructions and new terms refrences.

But serioulsy you should have no probs, I would kep both in case you travel back to Texas, that is if texas says you can carry there if your not a resident. But I think you guys have a sign at all roads crossing into texas about picking up a firearm a mile down the road right. I mean " Its Texas, everyone has a gun. My hairdresser has a gun". Murphy Brown, Miss Congeniality.

Dave
    3%