Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Question about C&R Firearms

I have been looking around trying to get an answer to my question. I recently became interested in purchasing Curio and Relic firearms as a collection. I wanted to if there was a minimum age to acquire a license in Pa? I am only 20 right now and would like to start purchasing rifles. Is there any that if I cannot acquire a license through the FFL. Can I purchase them through classified ads on this site within the state? If I am not mistaken I can legally purchase rifles and shotguns, but not handguns whick I am not interested in at this current time. Any help would be really appreciated.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Question about C&R Firearms

You have to be 21.

(Northumberland County)

To acquire the license? If so, can I purchase firearms privately in state? Or do I also have to be 21 to purchase privately.

(Erie County)

C&R also involves handguns. There are many C&R handguns. Obviously you need to be 21 purchase a handgun through an FFL, such the license requires you to be 21 to apply.

You can stuff purchase C&R rifles from a dealer. You can also have such rifles transfer through your dealer, as some do not stock C&R guns. The main reason to get a C&R is so you can save money collecting. License costs $30, that is the normal transfer fee for some dealers. Many sites also offer discounts if you are a C&R holder.

(Northumberland County)

What about like buying a used SKS off of a private party in the state? Would I need a license? Do I require any special license to own an AK? I find these laws weird because I can go serve in the military but cannot privately own a firearm.

I believe that you are confusing some of the laws. You can purchase a long gun IE shotgun or rifle at the age of 18 from a private party. If you see a shotgun or rifle in the newspaper, you can purchase it. A C&R License is completed different. It is an 03 license issued from the BATF, the C&R has nothing to do with a private purchase. You must be at least 21 years old in order to hold a C&R 03 license.

Also, just because it is an SKS does not make it a C&R weapon. C&R weaons must be at least 50 years old to be classified as C&R. Please get your facts straight before you try to make a purchase or acquire a license that you are not old enough to obtain.

(Northumberland County)

Ok I am trying to get my facts straight before I go applying. I can wait till I am 21 because it's only a couple of months. As of right now though what i am asking is if like someone has a mosin-nagant or an SKS can I buy it off of the private party because it is a rifle? I am not trying to sound dumb I am just trying to get my facts straight before I go and try purchasing a firearm. Thank you for any help you might give me.

(Erie County)

Rifle - 18
    Handgun - 21
    C&R license - 21

Rifle includes.... AK/AR/Mosin Nagant/SKS/bolt action/shotgun

(Northumberland County)

I am trying to get my facts straight, i am just asking for some help. I am asking if I find a used SKS or a mosin-nagant in a classified ad can I buy it for myself? Also is there anyway someone with a C&R license could buy the gun for me and just switch the ownership over to me then? I know I cannot own handguns, but I am interested in rifles right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Northumberland County)

Whoops sorry guys i didnt see my other post. But is there anyway that I can have someone buy me the gun and change the ownership

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast