Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Sheriff Candidate Charged With Terroristic Threats (Points gun at repo man!)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    It depends on what the court order says... problem you run into is that the repo guys do their thing first and worry about everything else later. Most of these problems would be eliminated if the repo company called the police to go with them while they took the car. They don't.. and then stuff like this happens. Bit then again... if they took the police with them they probably would not get half of their target cars.
    The police legally cannot assist with a repossession. Its a civil matter and taking a police officer would technically be taking the car by force. It is illegal. I did repossessions on and off for about 8 years. Everything is spelled out in the loan paperwork you sign. You allow the repo man into your yard and anywhere the car might be stored or hidden the minute you sign those papers and agree to the contract. It says it was a relatives car so that's even more stupid on his part for doing anything other than talking to the repo guy and explaining that the person didn't reside there and that the car wasn't there.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Sheriff Candidate Charged With Terroristic Threats (Points gun at repo man!)

Quote Originally Posted by yeager484 View Post
    Why is this?
    Or that the PD will tip off the subject of the repo. You know, in a small town everyone knows everyone kinda thing.

Is it common for repo men to carry? I always thought that was to be avoided (admittedly it has been a long time since I left the automobile industry).

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Because they will get arrested themselves for doing illegal shit.

just guessing...
    Yes... things like dragging the non repo cars into the street so that they can get to the one they want.. stuff like that.

(Franklin County)

REPO, if this is you, you are my new hero...........
    If this case of terroristic threats is won it leaves the door open for similar situations where a cop feels he needs to point a weapon at someone just because they are armed.
    I really hope this succeeds.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason17314 View Post
    The police legally cannot assist with a repossession. Its a civil matter and taking a police officer would technically be taking the car by force. It is illegal. I did repossessions on and off for about 8 years. Everything is spelled out in the loan paperwork you sign. You allow the repo man into your yard and anywhere the car might be stored or hidden the minute you sign those papers and agree to the contract. It says it was a relatives car so that's even more stupid on his part for doing anything other than talking to the repo guy and explaining that the person didn't reside there and that the car wasn't there.
    So the contract allows a repo person to go on the buyers private property to retrieve a vehicle but does it also allow a repo guy to go on a third party's private property to retrieve it?
    The third party didn't sign any contract that would allow someone to come onto their property.

(Bucks County)

A Repo agent entering the private property of a third party takes his chances-
    I don't care what kind of numb-nuts contract you sign when you buy a vehicle.

You can not give consent for a person to enter a third parties private property for the purpose of collecting on YOUR debt.

Repo guys get their asses beat on a fairly frequent basis plying their thankless trade.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason17314 View Post
    Is making sure the repo man does not get shot assisting in the repossession?
    Is settling the dispute when the homeowner comes out and starts screaming at the repo man considered assisting in the repossession?

We call it keeping the peace.

(Monroe County)

Isn't Pa also one of the "states" that has "non hostile" repossession laws? In other words, if you catch someone trying to take your car and they don't stop when you tell them to it becomes a "hostile repossession"? I believe it's called "peaceful repossession" laws.
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; November 2nd, 2013 at 09:27 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

He lied to the cops,he felt guilty about something.

No it was NOT me!

Yes We can go onto private property to get a repo but we CAN NOT,
    Touch/move another vehicle to be able to get our UNIT.
    Enter a "fenced" property.
    Enter a garage.
    Point a gun at you and say gimmy dat car MF'er.
    But stop at a gas pump and exit your car running or not and it's mine!
    That VALET may not really be a VALET yes i can and have done this!

By LAW police can not help on a repo!

The whole Bridge of peace thing is a VERY GRAY area.

Yes a repossessor can carry a gun OC or CC (WITH A LTCF)
    235 doe's NOT come into play.

But i have had many debtor's pull guns on me and i DO NOT draw myself everytime!

I will only draw after i ID myself and the debtor does not put his away!

Here are the main 3 reasons people put guns in my face.

1. Intimidation. (Debtors think everybody is afraid of a gun in their face)
    These people know they are up for repo and are douchebags!
    They will not shoot you because they don't want a murder charge!

2. Genuine concern. (Dont know who the hell i am or what the hell i'm doing)
    These people DO NOT know they are up for repo for 1 of many many reasons.
    They will not shoot you because they don't want a murder charge!

3. Criminals. (Will just come out shooting at you trying to kill you!)
    These people don't care about laws,rules,regs or life in general.
    They will shoot you because a murder charge is the last on their mind!

All 3 of these scenarios have happened to me !

Any other Questions?
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast