Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default (Standard) WWII German Mauser K98k Into A WWII Sniper Rifle

I have a 1943 Mauser, K98k, Russian captured. It's made of mixed-matched parts, and I'm contemplating on upgrading it into a WWII, German sniper-rifle.

All I have in mind is buying ZF39 Scope & Side Mount, and then finding the right gunsmith to put it on.

If anyone else has any experience doing this I'd like to hear about it.

(Elk County)

Default Re: (Standard) WWII German Mauser K98k Into A WWII Sniper Rifle

Although it is just a mixmaster K98, it still does have historical value. Prices on the RC Mausers have been climbing. I would find one that has been reblued or drilled. You can find them in the classifieds and at gunshows for used hunting rifle prices. I have a couple RC rifles and thought about sanding the stocks on a few for some visual improvement, but I can't bring my self to do it. They might be ugly, but that's what happened to them in the hands of our allies.

(Lancaster County)

you have a couple ways to go SARCO has just about everything you need to build a sniper in a couple different ways there also james river armory also you could try the surplus rifle forum or the 98k forum for others that do that kind of work.I have though about doing myself since it the only way I could have a sniper.if you don't want to use a german mauser look around for a Yugo M48 there out there for around 200 to 350 and build a sniper on it would be close and you would still have your Russian 98k.good luck with it.crazywolf

Hokkmike Guest

Matching numbers are a requisite for collectors and true historical value. There are a number of K-98's out there that qualify.

Seems that now that I am NOT looking for one I see more, and more, and more.....

Yours would be a good shooter and fun to play with.

(York County)

I already have a K98k, and a lot of 8mm. It's the mount, and scope that is going to be a bitch. I wish they didn't cost around $400 for a reproduction. I'll check out those other websites to see if there's anything better, but here's the mount I want. I believe this scope presents the rifle best, and when it comes to the scope I want it's all about the presentation: