I finally got my hands on my first Marlin model 9 - commonly known as the "Camp 9".
I say "first" because like lever guns and AK47s, I don't think I can have just one of these! Marlin also produced a camp 45, so that would be a nice addition as well.

The seller informed me that he had replaced some springs/parts and that it needed a buffer (original buffers are made of an inferior material that turns brittle with age - aftermarket buffers are available for around $10), but it works.
I still need to order a buffer. I figured I'd wait until I had it in my hands and could take it apart to see if it needed anything else before I placed my order.

The only thing that disappoints me is the holes that were drilled in the underside of the front end of the stock. I have no idea why it was done - perhaps a bipod?
There are several scratches in the wood and a few in the barrel. It looks like someone tried to touch up the barrel at one point.
So long as it functions properly, that's all that matters to me. I was looking for a shooter. If I want a show piece, I can always buy another one in better shape.

It came with a 12 rd Marlin mag and a "high cap" mag of unknown manufacture. I don't even know how many it holds yet.

Aside from the cosmetic defects mentioned, it appears to be missing a hood for the front sight. (No matter, I don't care for them anyway)
The rest of it is nice. Everything is solid and the "plastic" magwell/trigger guard is in perfect condition.

For those unfamiliar with this no-longer-produced, little gem, here is some additional info:
Produced: 1985-1999
Weight: 6¾ pounds
Length: 35½"
Barrel length: 16½"
Caliber: 9mm & 45ACP
Action: Direct blowback semi automatic
Safety: "Garand style" integrated in front of trigger guard
Sights: Fixed, drilled and tapped for scope mounts
Stock: Walnut-finished Maine Birch
Capacity: Magazines were produced in a variety of sizes with 12 rds being most common.
The camp 9 also accepts S&W 59 series double stack magazines and feeds hollow point ammunition, or FMJ.
Camp 45 carbines accept standard, or extended 1911 magazines.

Original 12 rd factory mag

With 12 rd factory mag inserted.

With high cap mag...

Looks like it had a scope mounted at one point...

I am a happy "camper" now!!!