Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: OMG - Ron Paul for President!

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    UPDATE: I spent a lot of time in the last day or so reading articles on Dr. Paul's website, reading editorials and articles on his voting record, etc., and I have to say I REALLY like this guy. He does what, IMHO, all good legislators should do: keeps an eye on the govt. to make sure they're not overstepping their bounds as outlined by the Constitution, and uses his vote to that end.

I personally think this guy would be a great President, and a welcome change after what the current Administration has done to the govt. and our rights as Americans. I've never been registered with a political party, but I'm seriously considering registration with the Republicans so I can vote for him in any Primaries he enters; he's gonna need all the help he can get.

My only concern is this: Bush has screwed up SO BADLY, burning people in both the Rep. and Dem. parties to such an extent, that I worry ANYONE who has a (R) next to their name has no chance in '08. My biggest fear is that people vote (D) just because it's not (R). After all, that's what just happened in the mid-terms.

I'm more concerned that (R)'s don't get out and vote enough

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    I'm more concerned that (R)'s don't get out and vote enough
    Agreed. However, I think a worse situation is that those who typically vote (R) don't vote (R) this time out because of what's happened in the last few years. Biggest thing to me, is that Bush violated a primary plank in the Republican platform: less govt. in people's lives
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Erie County)

I don't think this will be an issue when it comes to Ron Paul. If he gets public attention, most news organizations are going to point out about how opposite of Bush he is. How he is nicknamed "Dr. No"

Also remember that there are far far more "conservatives" than there are "liberals." I don't remember the exact number, but I recall when some of the news shows have talked about Billary for president she would have to get all of the Democratic vote, plus X percent of the Republican vote.

(Bucks County)

Sounds to me like PAFOA needs to consider our first official endorsement.

All in favor?

Opposed?

(Allegheny County)

i will definitely be registering R to vote for him in the primary if he runs.

(i usually am registered independent or L, but often temporarily register D or R to be able to vote in a primary.)

(Westmoreland County)

I wish he'd run as an L or an I. I'm sick of two-party politics and this guy absolutely, definitely does not stand amongst modern-day Republicans.

I'm not fond of some minor stances of his (neither affect me) but don't think they'd be a concern if he had his way.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Allegheny County)

I found this link tonight: http://ronpaulexplore.com/
    I am giddy with excitment!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Sounds to me like PAFOA needs to consider our first official endorsement.

All in favor?

Opposed?
    Unfortunately PAFOA can not endorse candidates for office without creating a seperate organization. We're still working out way through the first one
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

From what I've read, he sounds like a great candidate. And you all know what that means. Great candidates never get elected

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHighChild View Post
    I wish he'd run as an L or an I. I'm sick of two-party politics and this guy absolutely, definitely does not stand amongst modern-day Republicans.

I'm not fond of some minor stances of his (neither affect me) but don't think they'd be a concern if he had his way.
    Actually, he did run as an L in 1988. I'm not sure that he stands any type of chance with the general R masses once his history comes to fore as the general public tends to look on national level L candidates as being a little bit out there. I will reserve judgment until the field actually forms. Tom Tancredo of Colorado has also announced the formation of an exploratory committee and is looking to run on a "common sense" platform on a lot of the issues that I am interested in. So far though there is no one who I see as being a front runner. Certainly not Rudy or McCain who are too much for open borders. Just my .02.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast