Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116
Results 1,151 to 1,158 of 1158
    (Berks County)

Default Re: OMG - Ron Paul for President!

Quote Originally Posted by ham385 View Post
    I read the wiki, thanks for that. Sorry I asked. Please don't take it the wrong way.
    No problem with the asking at all. Just providing the information I had. I'm a big believer of Ron Paul and I want to see as many people as possible have a basic understanding of the issues he discusses.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Berks County)

This is a video with mostly Ron Paul talking about some of our current Presidents new found unconstitutional powers. You can just skip past the fist guy talking if you wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm5FnM-LLCo

(Allegheny County)

Default Paul wins primary with 70% of vote!

Paul wins primary with 70% of vote! I guess people do like him, just not for President. I hope he has a chance to speak at the convention.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/0...googlenews_wsj

"<snip>
    In Texas, Republican Paul easily defeated his primary opponent, Chris Peden, a certified public accountant and city councilman from Friendswood, south of Houston. Peden had campaigned partly on the notion that Paul’s run for the White House made him a celebrity with zealous followers but hadn’t done anything to improve what Peden called his effectual lawmaking. With all but two precincts counted in his reliably Republican district, Paul had 70% of the vote to Peden’s 30%. He has no Democratic challenger.
    <snip>"

(Chester County)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_vVaZxTno

Great new video from this patriot.
    Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

(Allegheny County)

Thursday, June 12th, 2008

We invite you to watch the live video broadcast of Dr. Paul's rally tonight, June 12th, @ 9PM CDT in Houston, TX. Dr. Paul will be making a major announcement, and we would like you to be a part of it.

To view:
    http://www.justin.tv/ronpaul2008

In the past we have had technical troubles with our live video broadcasts, but we will do everything we can to make sure you have the opportunity to view it live. The rally will also be professionally recorded and uploaded to the Internet for all to see in the next day or two.

Thank you for your continued support.

For liberty,
    The Ron Paul 2008 Team

(York County)

Posted June 12, 2008 9:05 PM

by Katie Fretland

Tonight in a formal announcement that was foreshadowed by his low popularity in the Republican primaries, Ron Paul will tell his supporters that his campaign for president is over.

Paul (R-Texas) will instead launch a different kind of campaign that aims to encourage the election of Republicans who show a Libertarian lean to offices across the country.

In a letter to supporters on his new website, "Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty," Paul says the past 17 months were the most exciting of his life.

"With the primary season now over, the presidential campaign is at an end," Paul writes. "But the larger campaign for freedom is just getting started."

Paul raised millions of dollars and drew the support of many with his call to end the Iraq war. He gained the popularity of many college students.

In my college town, Columbia, Mo., the candidate had such a following.
    However, he won few delegates.

Paul has said he doesn't plan to endorse presumptive Republican nominee John McCain. His spokesman, Jesse Benton, said that is not likely to change.

Paul speaks tonight at 9 p.m. CDT in Houston. The speech can be viewed at this site, though the website administrators warn it sometimes does not function.

Here is a letter from Paul to his supporters:

Dear Supporter,

These past 17 months have been among the most exciting and eventful of my life. Together you and I delivered a message of freedom the likes of which American politics had not seen in decades. I wasn't sure the country was ready for it. But it was a message, I discovered, that many Americans had been waiting for a long time to hear.

I have been blessed with the most informed, well read, and enthusiastic supporters of any presidential campaign. Your extraordinary efforts in organizing and fundraising grabbed the attention of millions of Americans and shocked just about everyone in politics and the media. I still cannot get over all the fantastic work you did.

Something of great significance has just occurred in our country's history.

With the primary season now over, the presidential campaign is at an end. But the larger campaign for freedom is just getting started. Therefore, I am happy to announce the official launch of the Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty.

The work of the Campaign for Liberty will take many forms. We will educate our fellow Americans in freedom, sound money, non-interventionism, and free markets. We'll have our own commentaries and videos on the news of the day. I'll work with friends I respect to design materials for homeschoolers.

Politically, we'll expand the great work of our precinct leader program. We'll make our presence felt at every level of government, where just a few people with our level of enthusiasm can make a world of difference. We'll keep an eye on Congress and lobby against legislation that threatens us. We'll identify and support political candidates who champion our great ideas against the empty suits the party establishments offer the public.

We will be a permanent presence on the American political landscape. That I promise you. We're not about to let all this good work die. To the contrary, with your help we're going to make it grow - by leaps and bounds.

This is the most ambitious venture of my political career, and I think it can achieve great things. But I can't do this alone. I need you to help me. I need your energy, your creativity, your ideas, and your dedication.

People frustrated with our political system often wonder what they can do. I have founded this organization to answer that question, to give people the opportunity to do something that really makes a difference in the fight for freedom. Please join me by becoming a member of the Campaign for Liberty. Our goal is 100,000 members by September. Can we reach it?

Our campaign netted 1.1 million votes in the primaries of a shrinking Republican Party. Millions more support us. I need you to help me reach them - and to keep making new converts to the cause. What a force we can be, if only we rise to the occasion.

Now what about the Republican Convention in St. Paul? Our delegates will attend, of course, and I expect our contingent to have a visible presence there. Without disruption, we will do whatever we can to influence the party and its platform, and return the GOP to its limited-government roots. This is very important.

This brings me to my second announcement. I invite you to join us at Williams Arena at the University of Minnesota on Tuesday, September 2nd, for a grand rally. We intend to draw over 11,000 people. We'll have live music and entertainment, and special guests. I'll address you all as well. A massive rally will generate still more interest in our ideas. And what a great time it will be.

Remember that it was Senator Robert Taft, who shared our views, who was called Mr. Republican. But we are not merely the Republican Party's past. If the enthusiasm of young people for our campaign is any indication, we are also its future.

Right now I will need your patience and input as we develop our program and assemble just the right team of individuals. But it is my intention to launch the Campaign for Liberty in its full capacity at our rally in Minneapolis this September.

Over the past week we've learned that the Democratic presidential nominee, supposedly an antiwar candidate, is committed to the same rhetoric, the same propaganda, and the same aggressive intentions toward Iran as the Bush administration. As usual, the major parties refuse to offer Americans a real choice.

The Campaign for Liberty will lay the groundwork for a different America, the kind of America you and I, and millions of our fellow countrymen, want to inhabit.

"Dr. Paul cured my apathy," a popular campaign sign read. Others said our campaign cured their cynicism. We have now reached a moment of great moral decision: will we let ourselves retreat into apathy and cynicism once again, or will we dig in for the long haul and fight all the harder? Will we retire from the scene quietly, or will we give the establishment the fight of its life?

"In the final analysis," I wrote in my new book The Revolution: A Manifesto, "the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves. If the people want to be free, if they want to lift themselves out from underneath a state apparatus that threatens their liberties, squanders their resources on needless wars, destroys the value of their dollar, and spews forth endless propaganda about how indispensable it is and how lost we would all be without it, there is no force that can stop them."

The time has come to act on these words. May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in a moment of great crisis, stood up to the politicians, the opinion-molders, and the establishment, and saved their country.

Join us, and be a part of it.

For liberty,

Ron Paul

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

(York County)

This is what I want to see... It's the most viable way to get him into the White House:

10 Reasons Why Ron Paul Should be Vice President
    August 16, 2007

If Ron Paul fails to win the Republican nomination, it may seem absurd to consider Ron Paul as the vice presidential running mate to any of the other Republican presidential candidates. But before you think so, we have brainstormed this here at our office and found that Ron Paul would make the best choice for Vice President.

The major item of concern in choosing a vice presidential running mate is to select someone that can help you win and to find someone whose strength is your weakness. In 2004, John Kerry chose John Edwards to help him carry the south (that did not happen). In 2000, George W. Bush who lacked foreign policy experience chose Dick Cheney. In 1996, an old and tired Bob Dole chose former football player Jack Kemp.

There is very little evidence to suggest that a Vice President will help you win the nomination. Edwards did not help Kerry carry the south. Bush won by the slimmest of margins in Florida but that was not attributed to Dick Cheney, and Bob Dole still seemed old despite Jack Kemp being on his ticket.

The reality is that Ron Paul could change all of that if he was second in line to a Rudy Giuliani or a Mitt Romney, etc... And here is our reasons for saying so.

Ron Paul has the largest online army of every presidential candidate in either party and choosing him as your running mate would allow you to tap into that. Imagine all the free bloggers and YouTube videos posted for you.
    Ron Paul has the largest grassroots organization through meetup of all the candidates and they will invariably support you for free as they are doing for Ron Paul right now.
    Imagine all the money that can be saved from having a free online presence and an already established grassroots organization. Use that money to win the battleground states of Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.
    Ron Paul's antiwar message resonates with the majority of voters and has been able to attract Independents and Democrats into the party.
    Ron Paul still has the visions of Ronald Reagan: small government, less taxes, etc... and falls in line with true conservatism.
    Republican voters will not care that you selected Ron Paul as a running mate and not vote for you but you may sway other voters to come into the big tent.
    By selecting Ron Paul as a vice presidential running mate, you will keep him from running as an Independent third party candidate that spoils a close race against the eventual Democratic nominee. There have been many instances of libertarians running for office and spoiling a win for the Republican party in an attempt to move the party platform.
    Ron Paul can be no worse than Dick Cheney.
    Disinterested voters for the cause of liberty who have been fed up with the process are choosing to support Ron Paul and will be excited with Ron Paul on your ticket. Nobody ever got excited about John Edwards, Dick Cheney, or Jack Kemp the way they would with Ron Paul.
    Young voters, 18-29, make up approximately 17% of the voters in a presidential election. They tend to support the third party candidate at a rate of 2:1 and they favor the Democratic candidate over any other demographic. Look at Ralph Nader and John Kerry voters in 2004. Ron Paul will be able to cause a shift in the young voters. Causing a shift in young voters would have its greatest impact if voter turnout was increased which would be likely to happen.

Click here for a live video feed of the formal announcement: http://wm15.spacialnet.com/bootlegDC99453

As of now (10:27pm EST), Dr. Paul has not spoken yet.

Update: WOW! That was the most passionate speech that I have ever seen Ron Paul deliver. Hopefully it will be on YouTube within the next few days so everyone who missed it can watch it.

I encourage everyone to join the campaign for liberty.
    Last edited by lexington86; June 12th, 2008 at 11:53 PM.

Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116