Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default Cop takes cop hostage, later shoots himself in the head.

Bizarre goings on locally tonight. I just drove past the scene, and it is still locked down hours after the incident. From what I have heard, the officer who shot himself is alive yet.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/Regional-Po...z/-/index.html

"It started when an off-duty Lansford police officer went to the police station, stole ammunition and an unmarked police car, police said. Then he went to the home of another off-duty officer and took him hostage at gunpoint.

The officer who took the other officer hostage then drove them to Jim Thorpe, police said. In the end, the two began struggling in the car and the fight spilled out onto the street. As the two were fighting the officer who started the situation -- and took his fellow officer hostage -- shot himself in the head, police said."

Update, the officer is now deceased. This is really messed up.
    https://www.facebook.com/tnlehighton

Here's the latest: The chief deputy of the Carbon County Sheriff's office, and who is also a part-time police officer in Lansford, is dead, apparently from a gunshot wound.

David Midas of Weatherly was pronounced dead Friday night at the Lehighton Campus of Blue Mountain Health System, according to police.

The shooting occurred from a bizarre incident that apparently started in Lansford and culminated on Broadway in Jim Thorpe.

Police said Midas was involved in a scuffle with another police officer, Chris Ondrus, but it wasn't known if Midas was shot by his own gun or the gun of another police officer.
    Last edited by ABuck; October 26th, 2013 at 01:20 AM.

Default Re: Cop takes cop hostage, later shoots himself in the head.

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Cop takes cop hostage, later shoots himself in the head.

Sorry for the dupe, it's been a long day today. Mods, please delete.