Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IWB question

(Allegheny County)

Default IWB question

I don't carry (waiting on LTCF permit and training classes) but I have a question for everyone that CC using an IWB holster. How do you handle getting in/out of the car or sitting down? From what I can tell it would seem to me that you would have to remove the firearm to say sit in a car. During the week I always have a shirt that is tucked, and it would be a pain to have to have to keep tucking and untucking my shirt to get into or out of the car.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Bucks County)

Default Re: IWB question

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I don't carry (waiting on LTCF permit and training classes) but I have a question for everyone that CC using an IWB holster. How do you handle getting in/out of the car or sitting down? From what I can tell it would seem to me that you would have to remove the firearm to say sit in a car. During the week I always have a shirt that is tucked, and it would be a pain to have to have to keep tucking and untucking my shirt to get into or out of the car.

Thanks
    I need more information in order to adress your concerns. I carry everywhere I can under state law all day every day. 95% of the time I use an IWB. I have no need to unholster my pistol to sit down. I'm not sure what your situation is,so if you can expand on your post a bit to clear up my confusion I can probably help you out.

(Allegheny County)

I don't have a "Situation" as I don't currently carry. I do plan on carrying so I'm trying to get info/opinions now. I have been looking at IWB holsters and from seeing pictures of were they are placed on people, it seems to me that they would get in the way when you sit down. I mostly see people placing the holster in the the 3 to 4 O'Clock position.

Here is the first example that I happened to find of what I'm talking about:
    http://wildbillsconcealment.com/waist.html

Is your placement similar?
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.

(Lancaster County)

I's not an issue unless you're carrying a cannon in there. I use a crossbreed supertuck with my XD and never have any issues. I carry at about 4 o'clock.

(Allegheny County)

Excellent that's great to hear. I have a S&W MP9c so it's no cannon

(Dauphin County)

+1 for the crossbreed supertuck..... i had one made for my FN fnp9 and it also fits my S&W m&p 9c perfectly also.....tuckable and very comfortable. and you can re-holster with one hand !!!!!
    Last edited by crakkajakka15; May 12th, 2008 at 03:47 PM.

(Bucks County)

OK,I think I see what you mean. I dont own a crossbreed but I think they're adjustable for cant.So, if you adjust it to place your muzzle to the rear, and then wear the holster far enough back(depending on how much angle you use,you could probably get away with 2 o'clock if you want) so that the muzzle is out of the way of your leg,you shouldn't have any problem.

BTW by situation I meant, where do you wear your holster,what kind of holster do you use, how long is your pistol,etc..
    EDIT: I reread your post and saw that you didn't mention the crossbreed. Sorry. A lot of the IWB's available are cant adjustable but not all. If you can, you should get one that is, as they give you more options for placement.
    Last edited by unloved; May 12th, 2008 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Just noticed...

(Dauphin County)

the crossbreeds are adjustable for cant.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by crakkajakka15 View Post
    the crossbreeds are adjustable for cant.
    Thanks, I'm thinking about getting one myself so that's good to know.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the info guys, I will definitely check out the crossbreeds. Do you have the standard or combat cut?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast