Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CA police weapon fires on students (???)

OK this is just odd ...

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2013/10...er-police.html

CHINO, Calif. — Authorities say a police gun accidentally fired during an anti-drug program at a Southern California school and three children were treated for minor injuries.Tamrin Olden of the Chino Police Department says the gun was mounted on a police motorcycle that was on display at Newman Elementary School when it went off shortly after 11 a.m. Wednesday.Fire Department spokeswoman Massiel Ladron De Guevara says three students were treated for cuts and scrapes but they weren't hit by gunfire. Two were taken to hospitals and one was released to parents.Police officers were on campus as part of Red Ribbon Week, a national event aimed at keeping youngsters off drugs.It wasn't immediately clear why a loaded gun was on the police bike or why it discharged.

Really?

Default Re: CA police weapon fires on students (???)

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Dogood View Post
    OK this is just odd ...

CHINO, Calif. — Authorities say a police gun accidentally fired during an anti-drug program at a Southern California school and three children were treated for minor injuries.Tamrin Olden of the Chino Police Department says the gun was mounted on a police motorcycle that was on display at Newman Elementary School when it went off shortly after 11 a.m. Wednesday.Fire Department spokeswoman Massiel Ladron De Guevara says three students were treated for cuts and scrapes but they weren't hit by gunfire. Two were taken to hospitals and one was released to parents.Police officers were on campus as part of Red Ribbon Week, a national event aimed at keeping youngsters off drugs.It wasn't immediately clear why a loaded gun was on the police bike or why it discharged.

Really?
    California cops REALLY hate kids this week.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Assault-Weapon

(Bucks County)

Sounds like everything went as planned. Tell me a better way to teach the kids that guns are bad than by shooting them.

(Lancaster County)

I hadn't realize this guy was working for the Chino PD.

On a side note, I just had a talk with my oldest boy that if he's in school and they have an officer come in for a demonstration and if the officer removes his firearm from his holster, he is to leave the classroom immediately. He's been shooting, he knows that firearms aren't toys and that they're not something to show off.
    Last edited by streaker69; October 23rd, 2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I hadn't realize this guy was working for the Chino PD.

On a side note, I just had a talk with my oldest boy that if he's in school and they have an officer come in for a demonstration and if the officer removes his firearm from his holster, he is to leave the classroom immediately. He's been shooting, he knows that firearms aren't toys and that they're not something to show off.
    I remember that one, what a dumbass.

(Chester County)

OK this is just odd ...

Really?
    I find it hard to fathom that a cop could be this damn stupid. It's almost like they want crap like this to happen.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    I find it hard to fathom that a cop could be this damn stupid. It's almost like they want crap like this to happen.
    Stupid lurks, and knows no bounds.

"I hadn't realize this guy was working for the Chino PD."

His 'chinos' are well-ventilated!

(Washington County)

OK this is just odd ...

Really?
    I am not sure where this information came from but the article linked to said a student pulled the trigger on the rifle. The rifle did not just go off. There is a lot of fail here.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobGun View Post
    I am not sure where this information came from but the article linked to said a student pulled the trigger on the rifle. The rifle did not just go off. There is a lot of fail here.
    I will only speak for myself, but that is exactly what I assumed happen. The question is why did the cop leave a loaded gun on a police motorcycle that was on show for the kids.

Also, the article was updated 12 hours ago so it is possible that what the OP posted is what the article said at the time of his posting.
    Last edited by ATBackpackin; October 24th, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast