Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default This recent event close to family

http://m.dailylocal.com/dailylocalne...tguid=mHGWSLbi

This happened recently right in my brother's neighborhood. My sister n law is scared to death. They have 2 toddlers. She is anti gun. I tried talking her into getting and carrying pepper spray. But she's afraid my niece and nephew wil spray themselves. I had this conv with her right before this happened. I need to have a serious talk with my brother. Scary stuff.

(Chester County)

Default Re: This recent event close to family

Stuff is frightening. I've been trying to convince my fiancé to carry for 2 years now. She's always running into creepers at her job in downingtown. Chester county is such a nice area it's unnerving when stuff like this happens.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by chacho92 View Post

This happened recently right in my brother's neighborhood. My sister n law is scared to death. They have 2 toddlers. She is anti gun. I tried talking her into getting and carrying pepper spray. But she's afraid my niece and nephew wil spray themselves. I had this conv with her right before this happened. I need to have a serious talk with my brother. Scary stuff.
    Prayers for the safety of your sister-in-law, brother, and their two children. I hope this wakes her up to the necessity of being armed and being ready to use it. Stuff like this is why both my wife and I wear firearms around the home.

(Perry County)

It's a very simple answer to this. So what if they do? Not to say it should be left laying around but if they do manage to spray themselves, they'll experience a few hours of discomfort and be fine. The trade-off is to need it and not have it and end up the victim of a predator.

I'd lay odds that she's not just anti-gun but anti self defense. Many people just don't have the capability to cause harm to another up to allowing themselves to die because of it.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Westmoreland County)

You need to try to convince her to be prepared just in case. I believe awareness and mind set are the most important things at least initially. She has to be willing to DO something. If you get that far then she needs to carry the best weapon she is able and willing to use, wether it's pepper spray, a firearm, a knife, a letter opener, or even a pair of scissors can be a significant weapon. Good luck.

Even if she is not willing to protect herself tell her to do it TO protect the kids. Ask her what if they lost there mother.

Yeah - it's a tough situation. Hopefully they catch this guy soon. I was hoping this event would prompt my brother to act and make her have something in the house to defend with, if anything, at least pepper spray. My brother used to have a gun, until he got married and had kids. His wife made him sell it. Ughhh.

I have 2 small children as well and guns. I carry a gun on my person in the house usually while the other guns are locked up. My wife does not have a problem with it and carries pepper spray with her when she goes out. She's fired 2 of my guns and know how to get to them if need be in the house.

(Lancaster County)

Looks like one of the homeless guys I see riding bikes around Lincoln Highway all the time.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I'd lay odds that she's not just anti-gun but anti self defense. Many people just don't have the capability to cause harm to another up to allowing themselves to die because of it.
    I think it's more than that. I think she's afraid -- just plain afraid. If she carries anything for self-defense, she has to put down her denial and face the fact that, yes, this could happen to her. Refusing to carry the apparatus of self-defense enables the denial.

Unfortunately -- and I mean that word genuinely -- reality makes harsh work of denial.

think of it like this, if they do get a hold of the spray and end up spraying themselves, I do believe and hope they will learn not to do it again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast