Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Guthesville Rod and Gun Club

I wanted to know if anyone here regularly shoots at Guthsville. I am new to the range, and not too much is marked/posted. I met the caretaker there one day when i stopped by to just check the place out and he was very helpful. I was hoping to maybe meet up with someone who goes there to pretty much give me a quick run down of the place and the "do's and don'ts" I have read all their rules and all that good stuff but would just feel more comfortable having someone help me out. I actually haven't gone to shoot there yet cuz of it. I plan on going to this months meeting to hopefully met up with some of the members. Does anyone from PAFOA go to these meetings? I would like to meet you if you do. Thanks
    Last edited by spabula; May 11th, 2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: typo
    ~De-Animating the undead since '08~

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Guthesville Rod and Gun Club

I've been to a couple of meetings...but decided I didn't want to die from second hand smoke...so I don't bother anymore.

Before I started shooting with a crew at another club...I was going to Guthsville twice a month. Most of the time it was me and 2 other shooters (if that).

No one will bother you there...just shoot safely and you will be good to go.

(Lehigh County)

I went to Guthsville when I had to do my ACT 235 pistol qualifications in November.

It seemed like a nice place. I might consider joining once I buy a rifle, even though I wouldn't mind going during the summer to use the outdoor range for my pistols.

(Montgomery County)

I've been to Guthville four or five times (as a non-member). Pretty nice range. I liked the plinking range- fun to shoot up plastic bottles and stuff. When I went they let us shoot up a TV, but the rules may have changed since. They even have a pond for fishing. And I know they have a bar.

I haven't been up there in a while. They had a law suit against them for awhile, but I think its been resolved (locals claiming they shot over the back stop and bullets rained down on his property).

* I just spoke to a member on Sunday though, and he said they have so few people going to shoot they are in semi-crisis. I'm not sure if this is due to the price of ammo and gas these days, or a waning member base.

(Lehigh County)

I am a member. There was no lawsuit...just a dispute that was unfounded...landowner just wanted his way.

Not sure about the crisis...but there are 1600 members and the ranges have always been empty except for special events...so I'm not too concerned.

(Lehigh County)

Hello,

I've been a Guthsville member for the nearly 20 years I've lived in the Lehigh Valley. It is an excellent club, especially if you shoot the "traditional" NRA matches: Bullseye Pistol, High Power Rifle and Small Bore to a lesser extent. It also has a robust amount of IPSC and IDPA shooting as well as Cowboy. The only thing lacking is a shotgun event. Come by any Monday or Friday evening in the winter and meet the indoor pistol shooters and the second Saturday of the month for high-power. I also enjoy shooting non-target events and recently started training my wife to shoot there. Come on out and enjoy.
    Lou, South Whitehall Twp.

(Lehigh County)

Hey Lou, I am also in South Whitehall. I was actually out at Guthesville today breaking in some new hardware . I have only been there a few times since I have become a member this year, its is always empty though. Maybe I'll see you there sometime. Its very convenient for me, I live only a few miles away so I can even make it there after work.

(Bucks County)

I've been a member since late last year at Guthsville. I like how it is mostly empty and nobody bothers you. Since joining a closer range, I haven't gotten up there as much, but will continue to be a member as the range I go to closeby has few benches for rifle and it is normally occupied. I also wish there was some kind of shotgun thing at Guthsville, as I don't get to shoot my shotguns as much as the others.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    I also wish there was some kind of shotgun thing at Guthsville, as I don't get to shoot my shotguns as much as the others.
    I believe there is... I know you can shoot bird shot on the plinking range and there is a skeet section. I remember one of the rifle range signs said you could shoot slug as well.

(Lehigh County)

Hey is anyone going to the family day function at Guthsville on the 19th???? I dont think I wanna go solo so if anyones going and Im not there let me know if I win that M1!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast