Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Thumbs up Enck's Gun Barn (Lebanon County)

Went to Enck's the other day...http://www.encksgunbarn.com/

Great shop with great people. Carries a little bit of everything, Milsurp, Hunting, lots of reloading stuff and ammo, specializes in Cowboy Action Shooting. Looks like he does some gunsmithing too.

Said if he don't have it, he can try to get it for you. Spent about an hour flapping my gums, had a great time, met some good folks and one of our members was there also (derghost)!

Think I found my new hang out, this place is run how I would want to have a Gun Shop one day.

Definately worth checking out and taking a look.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Enck's Gun Barn (Lebanon County)

Ditto what 762xIan said.

I stopped by there today without realizing it was Monday and they are closed on Mondays. But NO PROBLEM. Bob was there and let me in and helped out with a few items I had been looking for.

Great guy with a good selection of handguns, holsters, rifles, ammo. Prices seem very fair.

Along with New Holland Sportsman's Shop, Enck's is highly recommended!

Not familiar with the place, but anyplace called "Gun Barn" can't be all bad.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lebanon County)

I've bought a lot from Bob, he's a good guy. Yes, he does have a little bit of everything, including advice and information. Good selection of reloading supplies and components. Yes he does do a bit of gunsmithing too, I'm not sure how much he actually does, but he hasn't turned me away on any repairs or modifications I've asked for. Drill and tap for scope mounts, replace worn or broken parts, good work and fair prices.
    If you met Derghost there you were probably there on a Thursday evening. I met him there too. I'm pretty sure that when he's not home or working, he's either at the range or at Enck's. He's another good guy with a lot of good information, helped me out a lot.

(Berks County)

Not yet been there, but it is highly recommended by a friend from work who is a Cowboy Action Shooter. Sounds very interesting, always good to find a place with variety and good people.

Mark

ADDED: Finally went to the Gun Barn Saturday morning. Nicest people you could meet, very helpful, bought a used American Derringer in .38 Spl for a great price, something I have been looking for for a long time. Great selection and variety, worth going just for the ride in the country.

M.
    Last edited by dogngun; November 11th, 2007 at 09:08 AM.

(Bucks County)

was just there today to get some ammo and once again bob ordered me some parts that i needed and got me hooked up with everything i was looking for. they actually have really good ammo prices there.
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

(Lancaster County)

I am replying late as I just now registered on the site.

I echo the above about Enck's. I was a newcomer to guns and I went to Enck's Gun Barn looking for a Ruger Single Six. Bob took an inordinate amount of time to explain the in and out's of buying a used gun, complete with showing me how to remove the cylinder to inspect the hidden parts of the gun.

He never talked down at me and took pains to answer every question I had (which were numerous). After experiencing my share of store clerks with attitudes, it was most enjoyable to be treated with respect.

I am now a lifelong customer as Bob totally earned my respect that day.

PS - I ended up with one of his used Rugers. A Single Six SS 5½" barrel with a Rosewood Grip. It's a beaut! It even had the action worked on and is smooth as silk.

(Elk County)

Just updating an older thread -- I've bought three or four guns from Bob Enck over the past couple years and I'm very satisfied with the experience. When I was considering two different short-barreled single actions, Bob took the time to explain the differences and his own opinion based on experience. Prices are on average competitive with other shops; some things higher, some lower.

Enck's is THE place for CAS shooters and reloaders, yet they carry an appreciable amount of milsurp and EBR stuff, too. When I'm in that area, it is a "must stop" on my to-do list.

Noah

(York County)

I never saw this thread but agree Encks is great... whenever I have the time I go there instead of anywhere else ....great people

(Lancaster County)

I like Enck's a lot. He's definitely off the beaten path for me, so I only get up there every few months. It's one of the better places around for mil-surp weapons. He sure packs a lot of guns into that little shop - they're literally hanging from the ceiling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast