Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Beretta 96A1 + overmold laser grip?

Tomorrow I'm going to meet a friend of a friend, from whom I might be buying a Beretta 96A1 with overmold laser grips. I've had a 92FS before (similar pistol, but in 9mm instead of 40SW), I've never had or used laser grips. I'm really buying the pistol because I want that pistol, the grips are a bonus that I may or may not use.

Anyone have any experience with laser grips and can *sell* me on them?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Beretta 96A1 + overmold laser grip?

I would first try to negotiate a price without the laser grips. Selling them on eBay may actually work out better for the seller. They will fit the model 92s as well which will have a larger market. Or, of course, try them and if you don't like them sell them yourself. I have tried Crimson Trace grips on a Ruger SP101 and a 1911 and took them off each. The problem I had is when indexing your trigger finger out of the trigger guard you block the beam. This of course can be corrected by simply holding your trigger finger out further but after doing it a certain way for so long it wasn't going to happen for me. That said, if the deal is right jump on it. Try the laser for a while and decide what's best for you. Also for your information there is a nice 96 for sale in the classifieds (by me). It's not an A1 and has no laser so it may not be what your looking for but I thought I'd let you know. Best of luck and good choice of pistols.
    Last edited by bripro; October 16th, 2013 at 08:48 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Thanks!

I hadn't thought about covering up the laser. I shoot equally left- and right-handed, so that might become a serious issue.

Anyway I want the pistol, the grips were a bonus. He's offering a good price, so I guess I'll see when I get hands on. I have never seen the pistol nor met this friend of a friend, so who knows how it'll turn out. Might end up buying nothing. If so, I might be looking in the classifieds

Was a 96FS, not a 96A1. Laser grips were easy to use and easy to get used to, both lefty and righty. Definitely a good buy. Phone is on charge so pics will be coming tomorrow!

(Lancaster County)

Glad to hear it. Enjoy. Heres a pic of mine while we wait to see yours.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"