Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Beretta did me right, Thanks!

I recently sent my Beretta 3032 Tomcat (purchased used) in to Beretta for a cracked frame. Even though they were under no obligation to ME, they replaced the frame (and maybe the slide too, as it seems "beefier" than before). Turn around was maybe 2 weeks.
    Thank you for your excellent customer service.

Cb

Default Re: Beretta did me right, Thanks!

good to hear. Enjoy your nearly new Tomcat.

(Delaware County)

What did they do concerning the serial number? Is it the same one as the gun you sent in????
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Lancaster County)

Nope, whole new frame, new #, had to do background check again, but Kinsey's took care of that (They've been great this time, and when I had to send my Taurus back too).

I shot it today, just about 40 shots, but they were flawless

Cb

(Franklin County)

How old was it?
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Lancaster County)

I have no idea how old, I bought it lightly used (from Kinsey's). I shot maybe 100 rounds through it, and then read that frame cracking was a common problem (I checked , and yup it was cracked) - I think the new frame and slide are both thicker and sturdier, so it may be a "new generation" model.
    That is why I think Beretta was so great ! I have no idea how used or abused it was (I don't think much), but they made it Good as New ! ! They stand by their products!

Cb

Thats good to hear I have a KAHR that less than a year old and I never sent the warranty card in. Emailed them and they said most likely no warranty service told me they could not tell me untill they got it back.

(Philadelphia County)

Glad it worked out for you, but my experience with them 3-4 years ago for the exact same issue was the complete opposite. They made me produce a receipt (mind you I bought it new from the dealer barely 2 months in). They didn't even reimburse me for the shipping cost or sent me a box for sending back the broken gun. It took over 2 months and several phone calls to finally got them to ship me an Inox version (in place of the matte). Since then, no Beretta for me and I posted my story to ever online forum. Maybe they read the story so their CS has since improved.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Lancaster County)

Wow Al !
    Sorry your experience sucked! Maybe they realize now that this was a design flaw on the Tomcat...
    Cb

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    Wow Al !
    Sorry your experience sucked! Maybe they realize now that this was a design flaw on the Tomcat...
    Cb
    Oh, they KNEW about the flaw a long time ago, after first production runs. They redesigned it to have a "reinforced" frame. Mine has the "new" design and it still cracked. Good thing it happened at the range, not when I was trying to defend myself. Now I have an LCP for when I can't carry my primary SD guns. .380ACP, lighter than the Tomcat, no issues with frame/malfs.

Sorry, I wish I can be positive about the Tomcat. Not trying to make you feel unnerving about yours, just wanted to relay my personal experience and view. Many people are still comfortable with carrying the Tomcat even if they knew about the frame cracking issue.

ETA: Be sure to read the manual on ammo restriction. No +P IIRC.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama