Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Post N.J. Police respond differently to guys in restaurants with guns

Since there is the hot topic in the forums of the PaPatriot guy I thought I would post this article. I'm not trying to trivialize that whole incident so try not to freak out. But if you feel the need, knock yourself out.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/Shooting.....2.720953.html

Default Re: N.J. Police respond differently to guys in restaurants with guns

Willingboro Police Fatally Shoot Man At Restaurant
    WILLINGBORO, N.J. (AP) ―

A man was fatally shot during a confrontation with police outside a Willingboro restaurant.

Officers went to the Ruby Tuesday's on Route 130 and Levitt Parkway at about 11:10 p.m. Friday after receiving reports of a man armed with a gun there, authorities said. Shots rang out after officers confronted the man in the restaurant's parking lot.

The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office is reviewing the incident, which is standard policy for police-involved shootings.

Authorities did not identify the man and declined to provide further details on Saturday, citing the ongoing investigation.

Be very afraid of a man with only one gun.
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.
    911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer

I must say its pretty bad taste to compare the two.

xdthatisall45

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    I must say its pretty bad taste to compare the two.

xdthatisall45
    Funny. Try to make a problem out of nothing. I must say this seems like a trend on these forums.

(Allegheny County)

N.J. Police respond differently to guys in restaurants with guns
    What do you think the readers will think when they read that headline?

My first thought was that it would be an account of a positive interaction between gun owners, and law enforcement at a restaurant.

I'm pretty certain you were COUNTING on everyone to think that as well, only to find that isn't the case when the story is read. It's "fun" to fool people sometimes, but your timing sucks.

The members of this forum who were harassed and had their rights violated don't deserve to be lumped in with a news story of a shootout in a parking lot.

And here's a suggestion when talking about a fellow member of the forum. Use their proper screen name. It's Pa. Patriot, NOT "the PaPatriot guy".

I'm finished "freaking out" now.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Susquehanna County)

Thanks EM saved me the trouble

(Montgomery County)

wow - great post
    You won't be around long making comparisons like that.

I must say this seems like a trend on these forums.
    I can't understand why

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Berks County)

I think EM, larrymeyer and 1blindref pretty much covered the bases. I'll bet that you wonder why people don't hang on your every word on the other forums, don't you? Oh, well...
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Chester County)

Wow that comparison is just retarded, I mean for you to try and compare them is just purely distasteful.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(York County)

Originally Posted by Chilly16
    Signed up for the forum a few days ago. This is the first forum I have ever joined or posted in. I've noticed there are a lot of nice and knowledgeable people that post here. So with that said I look forward to discussing things and looking a pictures of half naked woman holding guns with all of you. I'm 26 and live in Montgomery county. I am in the process of becoming a police officer. So find all my posts and answer all my questions. Whoe knows, I might stop you someday and hassle you about Open carrying or push my personal opinions of gun rights on you(Obviously Joking). I bought my first gun at the beginning of '08 and now have a small collection of 3 (Beretta 92fs, Glock 30 & Walther P22) Also I have become a member at a local range. Seems like I am hooked. I will be buying number four in the next couple of weeks. I need to decide between getting a rifle or a full size .45 . Hopefully we will be discussing this in future posts. I know I don't have a cool avatar or whitty quote in my sig but I hope you like me anyway.
    C'mon guys, let's take the high road (and not become like "The High Road")...it was a bad comparison, we all know that...maybe someone more knowledgable of the Dickson City incident situation can better explain why...no one is perfect, especially me...
    FOAC * GOA * SAF * NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast