Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Looking to trade for a Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by Libertario View Post
    Actually I paid $400 for mine and of course I am willing to add cash. I have seen some G19s being sold for $450, but nobody wants to trade for CW9. So I am looking for someone who may even want to purchase the CW9 and I will use that towards the G19. Let me know if you know anybody.

By the way I do know the values of these things so unless its to connect me to someone who is interested, no point in sharing what I already know. I am not new to the business.
    I have been on this forum for 7 years, and i have been shooting since i was 4 years old and i still learn something new everyday.
    Too bad you already knows it all , you would have really learn a thing or two here.
    3 posts ah?

(Centre County)

I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    LOL. "ADULT OWNED."

Damn kids always selling their guns on PAFOA.

(Lehigh County)

LOL! I will never pay for $425 for something used and recently bought at $400.
    The panic is pretty much over when it comes to guns. Price of guns are back to normal. I actually anticipate an influx of used and unused guns on the market. Those who bought in the panic will be selling theirs soon.

That said, I do not fault the OP for trying and hoping he can sell it. I just didn't like the whining portion of the posts. Maybe years from now, when inflation has driven up costs, then he can sell for $425.
    Last edited by filgun11; October 16th, 2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling/grammar correction

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by filgun11 View Post
    LOL! I will never pay for $425 for something used and recently bought at $400.
    The panic is pretty much over when it comes to guns. Price of guns are back to normal. I actually anticipate an influx of used and unused guns on the market. Those who bought in the panic will be selling theirs soon.

That said, I do not fault the OP for trying and hoping he can sell it. I just didn't like the whining portion of the posts. Maybe years from now, when inflation has driven up costs, then he can sell for $425.
    Gun racks and display cases are full up with guns of all types. There is no shortage and talking to a few gun store owners there is actually a glut in the market right now.

This is a gun I can buy brand new with no adult owned handling involved, all day long at $360-$390.

But like a lot of things in the classifieds you have people with unrealistic expectations that bump and bump for eternity. That's just the way it is.

(Westmoreland County)

Guys, I have a state of the art WWII Russian rifle. This bad boy is outfitted with iron sights, a wood stock, and was 100% adult owned.

It's yours today for only $750. If you pay cash today you can have an authentic bayonet stained with the blood of 1000 Nazis.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    This is a gun I can buy brand new with no adult owned handling involved, all day long at $360-$390.
    Haha! Yeah. Plus I never knew that shooting 100 rounds thru a gun adds to the value. I wonder how much are my guns now. I have thousands thru on some of them.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by filgun11 View Post
    Haha! Yeah. Plus I never knew that shooting 100 rounds thru a gun adds to the value. I wonder how much are my guns now. I have thousands thru on some of them.
    What it does is add a fine edge of adult owned patina to it.

I always find it funny when people list used guns that you can readily buy new at most shops and they put a price tag of more than the new cost on it. People will say it "only" has 100 rounds through it, 200 rounds through it, 500 rounds through it. From my perspective as a buyer I'm taking your word on it and it doesn't really matter because I have seen plenty of guns with low round counts that are in terrible condition internally because they were never cleaned and oiled. I also don't know if there has been any shade tree gunsmithing involved and what kind of fiddlefart stuff one has done to it.

Thing is if you take that used CW9 to a gun shop they MAY give you $200 in trade for it.

So its either sell it privately for $300 or get $200 in trade from a shop. Either way you ain't getting $400 these days for a mid to high $300 range gun.

I also think it is funny how every single time someone is trying to sell a gun for what the paid or more, the always and I mean always add the "it only has X rounds though it."

Without skipping a beat, if it isn't the first sentence out of their mouths rest assured it will be the second. OP sounds a bit arrogant to me and also a little clueless if he thinks he can trade a USED gun that sells new for 350-375 for a Glock..oh well I guess I wish him luck who knows, maybe someone knows about hoe Kahrs have a break in period and feels like the OP has done them a favor by shooting it a little...lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast