Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: 2013 Small Game report!

If work doesnt say go to hell... Ill be out saturday for the bushytails. If not Ill be out monday or tuesday, planning on some nice stew or pot pies this coming week!

(Westmoreland County)

Going out on my first hunt with my boyfriend next weekend! Can't wait!! Went scouting today and didn't see ANYTHING. Hopefully, next week will be different.

Leave some squirrels for me!

Single Six Hunter was the only firearm I took with me today. A beautiful and peaceful morning..lots of doe running around and squirrels galore.

What a good morning in the woods it was though! I saw about 19 squirrels in 1.5 hours. But after taking this one, I realized how terrible of a mistake it was for me to leave ear protection at home. My ears are still ringing. I took this one and let the other have the morning off..may be going back out this evening though.

He scared the bejeezus out me though when he jumped from nowhere above my head and started chittering while running. I had no idea what had just happened..15 yard running shot. Unfortunately I hit a bit farther back than intended..but still a great first squirrel for the season.
    Last edited by iShoot17; February 4th, 2014 at 10:45 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Nice shooting there ushoot17, that's a ton of squirrels to see.
    ----------------------------------

Was sitting semi patiently waiting for even one grey squirrel yesterday with my recently traded for Savage .22/.410 when this nice grouse strolled in. They are a lot easier to hit on the ground Saw a couple reds but no grey. Then the rain set in ... it was nice to quit and enjoy a beer with something in the bag.

Last edited by Tokheim; October 20th, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

Saturday was beautiful up here. Went 2 for 6. I took out the 'ole Remington 341-P with peep sights. It was made in February of 1939 (that's almost 75 years old for those of you keeping track at home ).

Quote Originally Posted by Tokheim View Post
    Nice shooting there ushoot17, that's a ton of squirrels to see.
    ----------------------------------

Was sitting semi patiently waiting for even one grey squirrel yesterday with my recently traded for Savage .22/.410 when this nice grouse strolled in. They are a lot easier to hit on the ground Saw a couple reds but no grey. Then the rain set in ... it was nice to quit and enjoy a beer with something in the bag.

Ha! That's great! Looks delicious!

(Bucks County)

Brought my fiance with me for her first hunt (just observing). Didn't see a single bushy tail! Plenty of other hunters out but I didn't hear any shots or see anyone else with game.

It was a nice walk in the woods, anyway. I will be out again midweek, hopefully with better results to post.

(Monroe County)

I'll be out n tuesday with my ussg single shot 410 I picked up last year for the bushies....stew is in order. Will update!

(Bucks County)

[URL=http://imageshack.com/i/0i3nm7j]

I figured I would update this thread. I have been out 7-8 times this season and have averaged one or two each trip, with a few days of goose eggs when it was windy. I have jumped a lot of deer while patrolling for bushy tails so I am getting excited for deer season!

(Allegheny County)

A rare invitation.

If there is anyone interested in rabbit hunting over good dogs, I have the dogs and a spot. Preference is given to junior hunters with an adult.

What I will ask from you is safely, legality, decency, and nothing else. If you got a spot it might even be better.

Why, well I am hunting over the last dogs that my dad and I will have. I really love the dogs, but reality is I will never have my own. I would love to pass my love of rabbit hunting over beagles on to another generation. I hope that hunting over them once might just be enough, to instill a love of the sport. It also sucks to watch the dogs run there ass off and only have two of us to hunt.

Pm me we can chat.
    My priority is to defend my life, not just stay alive. - Sshuck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast