Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: M&P 9mm

(Cumberland County)

Default M&P 9mm

So I'm on vacation, gives me even more time to browse and look. I know the M&P 9mm is overall a decent gun - how is $389 for Police Trade ins in very good to excellent shape sound? They are LE engraved. I've considered a M&P for a while, and always like the LE trades - seems like a decent price?
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Monroe County)

Default Re: M&P 9mm

Great gun, and good price. Buy some extra mags though not as easy as glock mags to find and more expensive to boot.

(Elk County)

I have a 9mm Shield, a 9mm Compact, and two 45 Compacts; all were bought used. The earliest-made M&P45c needed polishing of the lockwork parts which I did myself as opposed to spending $$$ on aftermarket parts. All the others are smoothies as-is. Very nice ergonomic pistols and each one of them shoots as well as I can hold it. I just fired a 2.2" eight-rd group at 25 yards yesterday from the FDE two-tone 45c. Stopped after the one mag; it don't get any better than that.

$389 is a "going rate" price in these parts for full-size M&Ps when you can find them.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Pike County)

Jump on it, I feel that's an excellent price for an M&P 9 that is in good operational shape. I bought mine new for $490 around 2-3 years ago. Only thing that sucks about them are the magazines, they have been harder to find and expensive when you do since December.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    So I'm on vacation, gives me even more time to browse and look. I know the M&P 9mm is overall a decent gun - how is $389 for Police Trade ins in very good to excellent shape sound? They are LE engraved. I've considered a M&P for a while, and always like the LE trades - seems like a decent price?
    Bud's? They currently have these and reviews on them there are good, but no guarantee on the NS.

(Delaware County)

I just bought one gently used for $400 with 6 mags. If some holster wear and maybe a nick or scuff doesn't bother you, I'd say go for it.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

My M&P 9 was probably the most accurate pistol I have ever shot. I'd still have it, but I got out of the 9mm game a while ago.