Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: This is scary

(Monroe County)

Default Re: This is scary

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    You're knowingly in possession of a stolen firearm. I would suggest either an attorney or call the police and surrender it to them. Explain the situation and let your "friend" twist in the wind. It will be up to his grandfather if he wants to press charges but I'd be damned if I'd hang on to it now that you have posted what you posted for the world to see. I also wouldn't return it to the thief.

The grandfather has no obligation to pay you for the gun that was stolen from him. Don't even go there. You can press charges on your friend as well so that may give you the leverage to get your money back from him.
    Problem is what if he turns it over to the police and the grandfather gets pissed off and turns around and presses charges on him?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Problem is what if he turns it over to the police and the grandfather gets pissed off and turns around and presses charges on him?
    There aren't any charges to press. The victim doesn't determine that, the police and prosecutor do that. I'm hopeful that he did the right thing by this point or he may be getting into that area where he may get jammed up. Especially if he's holding the gun until he gets his money back.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

4 days.....no update?

Sometimes threads like these with somewhat "illegal" or possible illegal activities or actions get my spidey sense tingling.......lots of good folks with good answers here, but it kind of makes you wonder if we get trolled for responses sometimes, for outsiders to gauge how we react.

Just my .02
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    4 days.....no update?

Sometimes threads like these with somewhat "illegal" or possible illegal activities or actions get my spidey sense tingling.......lots of good folks with good answers here, but it kind of makes you wonder if we get trolled for responses sometimes, for outsiders to gauge how we react.

Just my .02
    Very good point!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    4 days.....no update?

Just my .02
    Either that or he couldn't afford bail?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinPhilly View Post
    Either that or he couldn't afford bail?
    Well, he hasn't logged in for that long.

(Butler County)

Waiting for an update..............

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    OK, but there is no mechanism, or requirement in law, to have evidence of ownership of long guns. How can you lose something you cannot prove it was yours to begin with? Looks like we need a new law!
    Huh? Almost all the physical objects we own do not have a government mechanism, requirement in law, or evidence of ownership. Does that mean I can walk in your house and start taking things that you don't have receipts for?

If the grand father says he lent it to the grand son, since he is the owner of nthe item then thats how they will proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345