Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MSNBC host shows ignorance on 'assault weapons'

Emily Miller was just on MSNBC show Morning Joe and Joe Scarborough argued that a Bushmaster is a dangerous gun because it's 'military style'. Emily countered that's it's functionally no different than a hunting rifle that the hosts seemed to agree was a 'good' gun but then Joe showed his utter ignorance about guns by arguing that a Bushmaster's bullets are 'bigger', presumably because it's an 'assault weapon'. Frustratingly, Emily either isn't that educated herself, or she was flustered by the 3-against-1 duel, because she said they're the same as a hunting rifle. I would have loved to have seen her pull some common hunting rounds out of her pocket and set them on the table next to a .223 and ask which is the 'assault bullet'. Emily misseds a perfect opportunity to dismantle what I imagine is a common misconception about the 'power' of an 'assault rifle' among a lot of gunaphobes, but I applaud her bravery for going into the lion's den on gun control and arguing for our rights.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: MSNBC host shows ignorance on 'assault weapons'

I don't follow cable news... when did Scarborough become an anti? 5-10 years ago when I watched cable news he was pretty conservative...Plus wasn't he a Republican Florida congressman?

(Chester County)

What do you expect from MSNBC? They have a far left agenda along with NBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, PBS, and most print media as well. They will lie, misquote, fail to report, and edit audio to fit their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    ... I would have loved to have seen her pull some common hunting rounds out of her pocket and set them on the table next to a .223 and ask which is the 'assault bullet'. ...
    It's illegal to possess ammunition in DC unless you have a registered gun in that caliber.

(Bucks County)

Over the last two days, I've read at least a half-dozen "news" reports about assault weapons. Of course, none of them were assault weapons but the media will continue to perpetuate the lies because they are both lazy and love to create controversy. I'm sure reporters are now appraised on how many "hits" their stories get on the web. Therefore, they have all become National Enquirer type writers. Also, based upon the level of maturity in their writing, I'm pretty sure that at least 80% of them are recent college grads.

The only story that was close to the truth was one yesterday attributed to the Associated Press. Their headline used the term, "Assault-Like Rifle."

That's like using the term, "Drone-Like Flying Machine" to describe someone's RC toy.

The media and their masters are all whores today. Most "news" today (broadcast and print) falls into three categories:
    1. Advertisements
    2. Graphic Violence
    3. Propaganda

(Bucks County)

Here is one more story about "Assault Weapons" and people trying to ban semi-automatics. This one lost but people will keep calling any rifle an assault weapon for the purpose of eventually becoming the UK or Australia.

A proposed gun-control measure in Burlington, VT is not expected to include a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines when it goes before City Council, after a committee removed that portion Wednesday.

The charter change proposal currently includes provisions related to concealed firearm permits, safe storage of firearms in locked containers, police seizure of weapons in incidents of domestic abuse and a ban on firearms at bars.

It does not, however, include the prohibition on assault-type weapons that the Burlington City Council had referred to the committee on Jan. 7, shortly after the tragic shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Before the section was removed, the charter change had defined an “assault weapon” as a semi-automatic firearm with a fixed magazine that could accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition, or a semi-automatic rifle or pistol with particular features.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...s-de-escalates

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    Here is one more story about "Assault Weapons" and people trying to ban semi-automatics. This one lost but people will keep calling any rifle an assault weapon for the purpose of eventually becoming the UK or Australia.

A proposed gun-control measure in Burlington, VT is not expected to include a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines when it goes before City Council, after a committee removed that portion Wednesday.

The charter change proposal currently includes provisions related to concealed firearm permits, safe storage of firearms in locked containers, police seizure of weapons in incidents of domestic abuse and a ban on firearms at bars.

It does not, however, include the prohibition on assault-type weapons that the Burlington City Council had referred to the committee on Jan. 7, shortly after the tragic shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Before the section was removed, the charter change had defined an “assault weapon” as a semi-automatic firearm with a fixed magazine that could accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition, or a semi-automatic rifle or pistol with particular features.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...s-de-escalates
    Vermont?! Seriously?! Constitutional carry and then lawmakers are trying to pull this shit?
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    It's illegal to possess ammunition in DC unless you have a registered gun in that caliber.
    Unless you're David Gregory or Diane Feinstein.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Monroe County)

If you put a 50cal round on the table and asked them which ASsualt rifle fired it you would most likely hear an M16. It isn't that they are incorrect, it's that they don't care to be correct. The more outrageous their news claims the more viewers they get, doesn't matter if it's all wrong or lacks facts.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Vermont?! Seriously?! Constitutional carry and then lawmakers are trying to pull this shit?
    I just sent that link to a friend of mine in VT, I'm sure his reply will be colorful.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast