First of all, I've got 4 revolvers, and like shooting them regularly, but I loves me some semi-autos (especially .45 ACP) when I'm feeling lazy. What I don't like is chasing after the cases during and after a session. I've tried different kinds of snatchers, and, short of standing in a room papered with mosquito netting, lost a good deal of the brass. The butterfly nets aren't very movable, and the hand-attached bags are iffy at best.
Doing a Google Search the other day, I found a vendor on eBay that sells what he calls "New, old stock". Apparently a discontinued item that is no longer available. Manufactured by E-Z Fabrication in Covington, LA, it's a heavy nylon cloth bag attached to a metal frame that in turn is clamped onto the trigger guard of various pistols.

eBay Brass Catcher link

I bought 2 of them, one for my Ruger P90:

and one I hoped to adapt to my EAA Witness Full Size .45.

At 8 bucks each, it wasn't going to break the bank. The bag is sewn onto a pretty study (read STIFF) wire frame and is closed at the bottom with velcro, er, hook and loop, closures. The bag capacity seemed limited to a mag full at a time. That isn't a problem, as I emptied the other devices after each mag anyway. (The other devices never caught all that was slung at them, and I wanted to retrieve the ones I saw bounce out and away before I forgot where they went.)

I'd love to say that the devices caught every one, but they didn't. What they did do, however, was knock the misses straight down and at my feet. The Ruger in particular changes the trajectory of every case that's ejected, probably due to a magazine design, with the last shot being thrown straight up and over your head - usually. Somtimes I catch one in the face. I had 95% retrieval with the Witness, and 80% with the Ruger; i.e. the pieces that actually were trapped in the bags. The escapees were down by my feet.
The clamps are plastic-covered metal, shaped to conform to the curves of the particular model pistol and use a #10-32 stud and wingnut to tighten it up. Since the vendor didn't have a specific model for the Witness I picked one for a Smith & Wesson that appeared to have a similar-shaped trigger guard. I shimmed the difference with a scrap piece of Kydex, heated and formed to the gun's guard so the whole contraption wouldn't wiggle around.

I was a nice thing going home with the same number of cases I left with.

I wonder why these aren't marketed anymore, and what caused E-Z to drop them.