Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting range

Default Shooting range

I visited a shooting range today. Not what I expected. $38 for 1/2hour and they supply 50 lead free bullets. I just moved here from NY. Range time was $18 per hour and I used my own ammo.
    Does anyone know of a range indoor or outdoor within a reasonable distance from Wiliamsport where I can shoot my own ammo at a reasonable hourly fee?

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Shooting range

Quote Originally Posted by JayTea View Post
    I visited a shooting range today. Not what I expected. $38 for 1/2hour and they supply 50 lead free bullets. I just moved here from NY. Range time was $18 per hour and I used my own ammo.
    Does anyone know of a range indoor or outdoor within a reasonable distance from Wiliamsport where I can shoot my own ammo at a reasonable hourly fee?
    Indoor NO the one you went to(Tripoli im assuming) is it pretty much for indoor. For outdoor you got one of the best if not the best in the area in Consolidated Sportsmen of Lycoming County just outside Montoursville(take the walmart exit as if going to walmart in Montoursville from Williamsport..but instead of going tword Walmart go the OPPOSITE way going OUT of Montoursville down route 87 about Id guess 4-5 miles?? ) about a 15 minute drive from williamsport. Thats $50 a year(and you can go as much or little as you want and stay as long as you like) membership they have a lot of stuff but no real indoor range(i think they MAY have a indoor .22 range they use but ive never dont that there). You provide bullets and targets they normally will have backers to post targets on

http://www.consolidatedsportsmen.com/

Tripolis is VERY expensive but thats because of the type of range it is and where its located..you cant use your own bullets and have to use theirs because of the type of bullet they are..they are those ones that basically "shatter" on impact...your regular bullets would probably go right through the walls there. Its a nice place but I only go there maybe 1-2 times in a entire year when i get the itch to go shooting in the Winter and dont want to go outside and get cold lol.
    Last edited by CBennett; October 10th, 2013 at 08:53 AM.

(Lycoming County)

I'd second Consolidated sportsmans. I've shot there as a guest before, really should join one of these days. Very nice range.

I usually shoot at my parents house, we have a small (50yds) range there or at a cabin I belong to in Clinton county (300yds There). The sportsmans would be much more convient for rifle though.

Never shot at tripoli's, always seemed too pricey for me.

(Lycoming County)

Consolidated Sportsman's is a great range. Different areas for different firearms and distances, some shelters and benches.

$50 annual membership ($25 if you are over 65). Well cared for. Have never used the indoor range so I cannot comment.
    Mike

(Lycoming County)

Ditto for the Sportsmans , I've belonged there since sometime in the seventy's , has something for everyones interests .

(Lycoming County)

Question for the sportsmans members here. I am considering joining there. If I were to join now would the membership run Oct 2013 to Oct 2014 or would they say prorate it to the end of the year and then start over. Also is there a sponsership requirement for new members.

I shot there a couple of times when I was younger but don't know anybody that well that is a current member.

(Blair County)

just shoot 44 mag and that would be a good deal

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Question for the sportsmans members here. I am considering joining there. If I were to join now would the membership run Oct 2013 to Oct 2014 or would they say prorate it to the end of the year and then start over. Also is there a sponsership requirement for new members.

I shot there a couple of times when I was younger but don't know anybody that well that is a current member.
    No sponsorship is required, you can either show up at the farm house and sign up or any of the stores in the area that sells memberships. I know I usually renewed my membership in November and it was good for the whole next year.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    No sponsorship is required, you can either show up at the farm house and sign up or any of the stores in the area that sells memberships. I know I usually renewed my membership in November and it was good for the whole next year.
    Thanks for the reply. I believe National in Jersey Shore sells the memberships their. I'll have to ask the next time I'm in there.

Thanks to everyone for helping this new PA resident find a place to shoot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast