Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Smoking gun exposed- D.C. police covers up giving Feinstein illegal ‘assault weapons’

Washington Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier seems to think that gun-control laws don’t apply to the liberal elite. The police chief helped Sen. Dianne Feinstein acquire “assault weapons,” which are illegal to possess in the District, for a news conference early this year to promote a ban on these firearms, then tried to cover up the police involvement. Now, a response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request reveals Chief Lanier’s shocking willingness to bend the rules for partisan and ideological purposes.

Lobbyist Chuck DeWitt emailed Chief Lanier on Christmas Eve last year. “Sen. Feinstein has asked us to bring examples of assault weapons used in the worst incidents over the past few years.” The CEO of the Lafayette Group told the chief that the guns would be put on display at a media event and asked, “Could you put me in touch with your person who would have any of these weapons?” Chief Lanier’s response was not turned over. However, a week after Mr. DeWitt’s request, Mrs. Feinstein’s press secretary, Tom Mentzer, asked the commander of the police department’s Crime Scene Investigation Division, Keith Williams, for 10 specific firearm models used in high-profile mass shootings, including a Bushmaster XM-15, Tec-9 handgun, Smith & Wesson M&P15 and a Glock 19 with a “high-capacity magazine.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...MHdsPU.twitter

Hang the bastards!
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(York County)

Default Re: Smoking gun exposed- D.C. police covers up giving Feinstein illegal ‘assault weap

stupid bitch thinks tec-9 are still in vogue. lost in the 1980's, she is.

tec-9 are based on the swedish kg-9, which started life as a military market burp-gun. they were reduced to semi and marketed commercially in the early 80's. in 1982 the ATF prohibited further production of open bolt tec-9, which were, admittedly, more readily convertible to auto-fire than closed bolt guns. producers complied by building closed bolt versions, which were eventually banned by the 1994 AWB due to weight and magwell outside of pistol grip characteristics. nobody has re-introduced them since the ban expired in 2004.

closed bolt guns can be converted to open bolt by anybody with a block of steel, a file, and a drill, and easily converted to auto-fire thereafter, but nobody has done it in any significant criminal manner yet, to my knowledge. to date they remain a clunky and unreliable bullet hose of little use to anyone, criminal or hobby shooter.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Smoking gun exposed- D.C. police covers up giving Feinstein illegal ‘assault weap

I don't consider lending weapons for a press conference to be a "smoking gun". I consider it to be a desperate meaningless attack on her. She's a douche, but seriously, complaints like this are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post
    I don't consider lending weapons for a press conference to be a "smoking gun". I consider it to be a desperate meaningless attack on her. She's a douche, but seriously, complaints like this are stupid.
    If you read the entire article they wouldn't be. (Page 2)
    She got her "banned" guns into DC, but for republicans its still not allowed.

Your "desperate meaningless attack on her" is actually an article that points out the unfairness going on, right now, in D.C. when it comes to the gun debate.

No special favors for Republicans

A week after Mrs. Feinstein’s publicity stunt, Republican Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina were refused permission to bring a hunting rifle and an AR-style rifle to the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Mrs. Feinstein’s “assault weapon” ban.

The Republican senators sent a letter of complaint to committee Chairman Patrick J. Leahy, but were still forced to use just a photo of a standard wooden hunting rifle with a plastic pistol grip at the hearing in order to demonstrate that simply adding the ergonomic feature transformed the gun into one that would be illegal under her ban.

Mrs. Feinstein’s staff gloated: “I was gratified to hear Sens. Cruz and Graham complaining that getting weapons into their hearing today was ‘unworkable,’” Mr. Mentzer emailed Cmdr. Williams and another officer with a news story about the Republicans not being able bring in even a legal rifle.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

It's not surprising that people who hold guns the way Feinswine does, think they are inherently dangerous. C*nt.

This kinda blows up their whole argument about guns being inherently dangerous, I doubt they would have lent Feinstein any object known to be dangerous.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

(Monroe County)

Problem solved. If two U.S. Senators cant get weapons into Congress then the laws on the books must be good enough

(Bucks County)

How does a Chief of Police legally, ethically and/or morally authorize someone… ANYONE… to knowingly break the very laws that the Chief has taken an oath to uphold?

http://www.officer.com/blog/11189635...-break-the-law

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Kudos to Emily Miller for reporting this. She's a superstar in the pro-2A press.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

According to the update on the article, no laws were broken.

I'd like to thank MPD for their response. I was not aware that the weapons shown were legal to possess in Washington DC and, in my ignorance, typed up the above blog. I take this opportunity to offer my apology to Chief Lanier for my criticism of her actions - or the actions of her agency in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Kudos to Emily Miller for reporting this. She's a superstar in the pro-2A press.
    I've met Emily when she spoke here in NJ to NJ2AS and you're right!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast