Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default First hog this evening.

I went to Elverson this afternoon to test out my new 10rd mags for my AICS...I only took one shot while at the range, but man was it worth it. I made a head shot at 200 yards on a young ground hog. He was right next to the 200 yard range, so range was verified. I saw fragments of his brains skattered around his body. I flipped him over and was amazed to find that 3/4 of his skull was gone. I didn't even consider brining my camera and I didn't have my phone with me...so no pictures this time. Trust me when I tell you that there wasn't much of his skull left.

Rifle
    Remington 5R w/ AICS 1.5 stage OD.

Optics
    3x18 IOR Illuminated MP8 reticle.

Ammunition
    hand loaded 178gr Hornady A max

(Bedford County)

Default Re: First hog this evening.

Great! Kill everyone you see!! I just moved here from Texas, and they are taking over deer populations everywhere. It's only a matter of time before the grub out our native game animals here, too. Oh, and they are great eating as well.
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day." -George Carlin

(Bedford County)

Oh, wait. I thought you meant pig.... groundhogs, I don't know much about. But congrats anyway!
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day." -George Carlin

Unfortunately, there are no wild hogs in the area I live...I wished I could get some wild hogs. Perhaps a little hunt this fall/winter.

ETA: I hope you aren't disappointed moving from TX to PA...it sucks in PA. I don't think you can find too many states that has what TX has to offer in terms of hunting. I for one would like to visit TX to hunt some of those critters that call TX home.

(Columbia County)

Nice one I got my first one in early march one first day of gobbler one last fri and one this morning at6:25 with the bow it was never out after 7:00.Didn't get to splatter any tonight I'll warm up the seven mag
    ZRT: SECTOR 3(SNIPER) Among othe tasks...

(Wayne County)

Talking Re: First hog this evening.

JDPATE glad you caught yourself he was talking about gound hogs. You are right a nice HAWG does TASTE GREAT. AUBIE hawgs are closer than you think

Qtrborecrazy