Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is this our buddy Sam Wood on WPVI ABC-6?

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6131319

Watch the video.

I think that might be him getting yelled at by lap-dog Ramsey. Listen to Big Ed's stunning logic: "We're sick and tired of hearing that 'guns don't kill people, people kill people.' Well, these guns can pierce bullet-proof vests, and they ought not to be allowed anywhere in this country."

Ed, uh, a lot of rifles can do that. Why do Philly cops only have Type II vests? Why can't they have Type III? If it's the expense, work out a deal with them so they pick up part of the cost.

It's looking bad for deer hunting in PA, my friends.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - May 8, 2008 -- City and state officials called Thursday for Congress to reinstate a ban on assault weapons, delivering an impassioned plea the day before police were to bury an officer killed on duty by a high-powered rifle.

We will bring you special LIVE coverage of Sergeant Liczbinski's funeral on Friday. We invite you to join us on 6abc and 6abc.com as a city says goodbye.

Mayor Michael Nutter said last weekend's "assassination" of Sgt. Stephen Liczbinski, who was shot at least five times by a Chinese SKS rifle while responding to a bank robbery, was "truly shocking."

"We all know that he did not stand a chance," said Nutter, speaking at a City Hall news conference. "It's a high-powered rifle that no one should have their hands on."

The comments came about 12 hours after a third suspect, Eric Floyd, was captured in an abandoned rowhouse in southwest Philadelphia. Floyd, 33, was caught following a five-day manhunt after police said an FBI agent received a tip.

Brought to police headquarters in Liczbinski's handcuffs, Floyd was charged with murder, robbery, conspiracy and related offenses. His girlfriend, Tonya Stephens, 37, was found with him and charged with obstructing justice, hindering apprehension and conspiracy.

Another bank robbery suspect, Levon Warner, 38, was arrested Sunday and charged with murder, robbery and conspiracy.

Suspect Howard Cain, 33, was shot to death by police on Saturday during a post-robbery chase. An area mosque has refused a request to hold funeral services for Cain, a Muslim, because of his criminal conduct.

On Thursday, Nutter and Gov. Ed Rendell released a copy of a letter they sent to members of the state's congressional delegation asking for the federal ban on assault weapons to be reinstated. A ban enacted in 1994 was not renewed after lapsing in 2004.

"Passing this legislation will go a long way to protecting those who put their lives on the line every day for us," Rendell and Nutter wrote. "There is no excuse to do otherwise."

Rep. Joe Sestak, D-Pa., who is co-sponsoring legislation to reinstate the ban, said police officers should not face the same types of weapons that U.S. soldiers come up against in Iraq.

"I would like to see that we not only renew but strengthen the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004," Sestak said Thursday.

Rendell also criticized state lawmakers for refusing to pass what he called sensible gun-control measures. He mentioned attending a police memorial ceremony on Monday in Harrisburg, where he said legislators honored officers' service with resolutions even as they refuse to make them safer by passing a law requiring that lost and stolen guns be reported.

"The hypocrisy is rampant," Rendell said.

Officials acknowledged the federal assault weapons ban would not have included the gun that killed Liczbinski, as it came to the U.S. in 1992.

But Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey bristled when told that some gun-rights organizations dispute whether the SKS rifle qualifies as an assault weapon.

The gun inflicts wounds so devastating that it should be considered one, Ramsey said angrily.

"Then add it to the frickin' list!" he said to sustained applause from officials and other police officers at the news conference.

The advocacy group CeaseFirePA has sent letters to Pennsylvania gun dealers asking them to voluntarily refrain from selling the SKS.

Also, the city last month passed several local gun-control ordinances - including a ban on assault rifles - despite a Pennsylvania law giving the state sole power to enact firearms regulations. The National Rifle Association has sued, and the case will be in court next week.

NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre said Thursday that the problem is lack of incarceration, not lack of legislation.

"The Philadelphia criminal justice system is a miserable failure and in complete shambles," LaPierre said. "We've got great laws on the books ... if only we would prosecute (criminals) and put them in jail and stop releasing them back to the streets."

Also Thursday, a Harrisburg-area teenager accused of providing a handgun used in the bank robbery was indicted on federal firearms charges. Authorities said Levi Swigart, 19, of Duncannon, traded a stolen gun to a drug trafficker for cocaine base on Jan. 26. Swigart was arrested Sunday by Duncannon police and charged with receiving stolen property and theft by unlawful taking.

The viewing for Liczbinski, 39, was to be held Thursday evening, followed by a funeral at the city's main cathedral on Friday.

Liczbinski was the third city officer slain on duty in two years. He left a wife and three children.
    No, I didn't vote for Sestak. I voted for the guy that the soccer moms weren't voting for.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Is this our buddy Sam Wood on WPVI ABC-6?

Glad to see the Philly Assault Weapons Ban is working out so well.

(Allegheny County)

You know... Ramsey's comment, "add it to the freakin' list!" was highly unprofessional.
    It was no different than had he said "add it to the fucking list!"

Then again, look at the company he keeps. Ed is an arrogant son of a bitch too. And let's not forget good, old "make my own damned laws" Nutter.

It amazes me that supposedly educated people vote for these people.

I guess emotion "sells" to the libs. They don't think, they feel.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Washington County)

True, but he didn't say get high capacity CLIPS off the street.J/K

(Chester County)

The sad thing is that Rendell and Nutter couldn't be any happier that this happened with an evil black rifle. I bet they are hi fiving each other right now. Their agenda is evident by the way the displayed the picture of the gun instead of the criminal during their press conference…

(Northumberland County)

So, there are only two populations in the Country... the police and the gun lobby? yikes. what rationale. Hate to tell that asshat, but the police who actually take their jobs in protecting the US and PA Constitutions seriously (for lack of a better term) are part of the "gun lobby."

Yes, they can pierce "bullet proof vests." They are not called bullet proof any more, every manufacturer calls them bullet resistant vest.

Of course they pierced the poor officer's vest, BECAUSE the vests are not meant or designed to protect pistols.

And, as for "we dont need them." Well, are you speaking for the government as well? Im all cool with handing in my "assault weapons" as long as the gov't does too. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveXD View Post
    The sad thing is that Rendell and Nutter couldn't be any happier that this happened with an evil black rifle. I bet they are hi fiving each other right now. Their agenda is evident by the way the displayed the picture of the gun instead of the criminal during their press conference…

Ya know what.. no one is happy about anything involved in this tragedy.

(Luzerne County)

If the weapon used to murder the LEO was a HIGHER powered hunting or target rifle what on earth would they try to blame then???

This whole thing is just smoke and mirrors. The "system" is blaming the scary looking gun because THEY are 100% responsible for this murder. This prohibited violent felon should not have been loosed on the street. And they know it.

(Delaware County)

I love how it is always the "gun lobby". Like gun owners are average working citizens that want their 2A rights respected.

My big problem with this whole situation is how unaccountable judges and the parole board are for their actions. If I F'ed up my job as much as they did I would be homeless (and maybe robbing banks j/k)

(Chester County)

Hell a 30.06 can pierce Lexan, so does that mean a lot of bolt action deer rifles owned my thousands of honest citizens should be "added to the freaking list". It truly saddens me that people will take advantage of a horrible tragedy!!! There are many many more alcohol related deaths and tobacco related deaths every year than there are gun deaths a year, lets add them to "the freaking list". It makes no sense, how about you arm and protect your LEO's properly Rendell and then we will talk. He is pissed cause he got in office and cut so much out of the police and fire fighters budget that things are starting to get out of hand. You want to curb gun violence those who are convicted of using guns in violent crimes (I am not talking about people defending themselves legally either Rendell) put them away for life. The only true thing that works is actually enforcing the sentences you have imposed on the justly convicted. 17 violent priors and the jack ass gets out on his minimum. You do the math Rendell you do the math!!!! Makes my sick to my stomach to place blame on metal and plastic when the true blame lies in your shitty policies Governor Rendell!!!!!

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast