Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Desert Eagle 1911 G

I don't see these mentioned much so I thought I would regurgitate my initial experience.

I took it out for the first time this morning and I am pretty pleased. This my first 1911 and the first time I ever shot one. When I arrived at the range and started looking down range I realized that I had way too much caffeine this morning to hold on target very well but this is what I got. The reason I went with Magnum Research was because I recently sold my Baby Eagle II to a friend and was always impressed with the fit and function of that pistol as well, not to mention Kahr's recent move to PA.

The center and top groups are standing using both hands at 10 yards. I tried to calm myself down for the second (group) magazine but the caffeine was too much for me and still had two fliers.
    The bottom group is sitting at the bench 2-3 feet further back using the table as a rest.

I am pleased and there were no failures except those related to caffeine poisoning.

The red stars show where I was actually aiming.
    Last edited by PaleDriver; October 5th, 2013 at 02:34 PM.

Default Re: Desert Eagle 1911 G

Caffeine not good for groups. Throw a little adrenaline in there with it and Lord knows what your groups will do.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Desert Eagle 1911 G

I was going to buy one of those for my first 1911. The initial reviews praised it for accuracy but I got a great deal on a ruger sr1911 now I am enjoying my smith and Wesson. If I come across one of these used I am gonna grab it.