• $100-$250

27 65.85%
  • $250-$350

1 2.44%
  • More than $350

1 2.44%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: SKS bullpup kit - how much is it worth for you?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    That looks like a $200 build by LKermit on the sks boards. Someone is trying to make a buck off of it. $295 starting bid, with a $320 buy it now? It's not the first time they listed it either. It's been reposted repeatedly for the past few months.

I wouldn't use an idiot on gunbroker for a comparison. SGWorks are $200. LKermit designs are $200. Those are the only two bullpup kits for an SKS that I would consider purchasing, other than the one that Metz posted in the OP (depending on price and trigger linkage).

Rifletech charges $695. It looks like shit and I haven't heard many good reviews. Who in their right mind would spend $695 on a bullup kit for an SKS, when more aesthetically pleasing and functional options are available for less than 1/3 of that price?

If you're a Star Wars fan, CBRPS charges $275-$295 for some futuristic looking crap.
    Last edited by fttfbass; October 9th, 2013 at 03:27 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    And once again, the listing ended with no bids. No worries though. It's already been reposted for the same price.
    Last edited by fttfbass; October 9th, 2013 at 03:31 PM.

(Lebanon County)

Just looking at the picture, I see a problem. It looks like the rear sight aperture is higher than the front sight. Doesn't seem to be on the same plane. Could be parallax error though, more pics at different angles maybe?

Also, for me to buy it, take down and cleaning would have to be simple, preferably no tools required to field strip. And the trigger would have to be decent, ad others have said.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by KelFox View Post
    Just looking at the picture, I see a problem. It looks like the rear sight aperture is higher than the front sight. Doesn't seem to be on the same plane. Could be parallax error though, more pics at different angles maybe?
    Iron sights become useless with all SKS bullpup kits that I've seen. Typically, people will chop the barrel down to get rid of the front sight and bayonet lug that aren't serving a useful purpose anymore. When kept on they do make it look a bit silly in bullpup form. Sadly, a lot of great rifles get ruined that way.
    Last edited by fttfbass; October 10th, 2013 at 12:55 AM.

(Pike County)

Why do they make so many bullpup kits for the SKS but so few for the AK? To me converting the SKS is stupid because of the magazine issues alone. Many of them don't play well with detachable magazines and have questionable reliability afterwards. If someone made a bullpup stock for an AK that have a good trigger, didn't have reliability issues and was tough as a stock AK I would pay $250 for one.

The problem with most bullpup rifles (Tavor, AUG, Kel-Tec RFB, etc) is the price. At $1500-$2200 a piece they're not price friendly. If they could make AK's both in 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 in bullpup configuration for $800-$1000 I feel they would find a market for such a setup if made right (See my comments on that above). For the near term I would rather get a Ruger 10/22 with the 18.5 inch barrel and throw on that Red Jacket bullpup stock. At least with that setup you can have some fun and not break the bank.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    If someone made a bullpup stock for an AK that have a good trigger, didn't have reliability issues and was tough as a stock AK I would pay $250 for one.
    Not sure of the price or if you're more into the tactical bullpup look, but here's a custom wooden one. It's the same guy that makes some really nice SKS bullpup kits for around $200.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by fttfbass View Post
    Iron sights become useless with all SKS bullpup kits that I've seen. Typically, people will chop the barrel down to get rid of the front sight and bayonet lug that aren't serving a useful purpose anymore. When kept on they do make it look a bit silly in bullpup form. Sadly, a lot of great rifles get ruined that way.
    I agree the front site base and bayonet lug looks tacky left on. I didn't want to shorten the barrel on mine so I ended up heating that section with a torch and hammering off that front site/bayonet sleeve. It took some muscle but I got it off without breaking or cutting anything. Just had to put some blueing on the barrel where the sleeve covered.

I got a norinco SKS for $350 from a forum member and the sgworks kit for ~$200. That gave me a well functioning bullpup for $550. To make it even sweeter, I sold that entire front sight/bayonet assembly I removed with the spike bayonet for ~$100 on Ebay. The bullpup kit has a rail so I added some magpul buis and a decent red dot and I love it. Affordable, practical and badass. Three of my favorite things
    Last edited by Rydyth; October 11th, 2013 at 12:45 AM.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by fttfbass View Post
    Not sure of the price or if you're more into the tactical bullpup look, but here's a custom wooden one. It's the same guy that makes some really nice SKS bullpup kits for around $200.

That's not exactly what I was thinking of but that's very nice, has a whole retro-futurstic vibe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydyth View Post
    I agree the front site base and bayonet lug looks tacky left on. I didn't want to shorten the barrel on mine so I ended up heating that section with a torch and hammering off that front site/bayonet sleeve. It took some muscle but I got it off without breaking or cutting anything. Just had to put some blueing on the barrel where the sleeve covered.

I got a norinco SKS for $350 from a forum member and the sgworks kit for ~$200. That gave me a well functioning bullpup for $550. To make it even sweeter, I sold that entire front sight/bayonet assembly I removed with the spike bayonet for ~$100 on Ebay. The bullpup kit has a rail so I added some magpul buis and a decent red dot and I love it. Affordable, practical and badass. Three of my favorite things
    So you brag about your cool toy but post no pictures? You really suck.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    That's not exactly what I was thinking of but that's very nice, has a whole retro-futurstic vibe to it.

So you brag about your cool toy but post no pictures? You really suck.
    Haha I'm back home for my brothers wedding this weekend. I'll try to post a pic when I return.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast