Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Need Help Finding 9mm Concealed carry pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Gotcha View Post
    Where the heck is this guy getting his shields?... Around here I can't find a shield for $450+ let alone sub-400... Hell where is anyone getting their Shields from for that matter, I am still on a waiting list for one and have been for 4 months now...
    $429.99 at a little gun show in Leesport a coupa' weeks ago. Get in early and walk fast...don't stop to admire anything until you find what you are looking for.
    So far only 2 FTE's in the first 50, w/S&B ammo. Otherwise O.K. for about 350 more rounds fired.

Last Sunday I picked up a NIB LCP for $289 at a show in Wind Gap. No problems for the first 75 rounds yesterday, but it tosses the brass so damned far you'll need roller skates to pick up the empties.

Sauconian
    Last edited by Sauconian; October 2nd, 2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Shield was 429 not 439

(Lehigh County)

Pm inbound

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    +1 for the Bersa BP9cc. Great light trigger with short reset. I broke mine, but would consider another.....
    Well why did yours break? Were you not cleaning it correctly or is it a low quality firearm?

Quote Originally Posted by rgkitchen View Post
    I, like you, was originally looking for a single stack 9mm pocket pistol, but after a year of shopping and feeling out the triggers and operation of several of the models mentioned above, I found that the new Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro G2 has the best of all worlds for me.

It is only 3/32" wider than a single stack, and holds 12 rounds. The trigger is surprisingly smooth and easy for a double action, and yet it acts like a single action, with its short reset. It is 1/4" longer and 1/2" taller than a Ruger LC9. That extra 1/2" of grip gives you a full three finger hold for good control, which is why I like it better than the Shield. It is the same length as a Shield yet only 1/8" wider, and with that you get 5 more rounds.

It lists for $349, and that's what I've been seeing it selling for because of its popularity. I've been saving up to get one, and should be able to in a couple of months.
    How reliable is this taurus model?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post
    I'm not 100% sold on any double stack 9mms. The sr9c could probably be too think for what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by etep513; October 3rd, 2013 at 12:39 AM.

(Northampton County)

ketse honest none of those listed are really pocket pistols. Maybe if all your pants pockets are huge.

If you are looking for more punch them a .380 you're better off with a JFrame or the like.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by etep513 View Post
    Well why did yours break? Were you not cleaning it correctly or is it a low quality firearm?

How reliable is this taurus model?

I'm not 100% sold on any double stack 9mms. The sr9c could probably be too think for what I'm looking for.
    I have never met anyone that thought its too thick.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post
    I have never met anyone that thought its too thick.
    Ok, but I'm looking for a pocket pistol. Some people on the thread were saying that even the pistols I listed were a little thick for pocket carry. The sr9c is slightly bigger than the stuff I listed, so what is there to talk about?

(Philadelphia County)

Based on the price range, I'd be inclined to look at the Kahr CM9 or something like the Ruger LC9. I'm not familiar with the LC9, but the only beef I tend to hear is that the trigger is awful. I hear precisely the opposite about Kahr triggers - consistent raves about what a great trigger it is.

Disclaimer: I'm definitely not the best source for gun pricing info, as I've recently relocated from NYC, where I got raped on every purchase (guns in NY are almost invariably priced ABOVE MSRP, which I've never heard of anywhere else nor on any other type of product), and online purchases are banned outright.

But again, given the desired specs and pricing limitations, I'd be looking at Kahr, even if it meant spending just a tiny bit more. I wouldn't carry it literally in a pocket without some kind of holster that covers the trigger guard, as there is no manual safety (a feature I wouldn't like anyway).

I own a Glock 27 and would absolutely not consider it a "pocket" pistol. Way too bulky, though I do very comfortably home-carry it. I'm unfamiliar with the used gun market, but maybe it's worth considering.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Of the guns you have listed, most of then do not vary significantly from the KelTec P-11. There are an afwully lot of us on this list who have them, carry them and LOVE them.

Certtianly worth your time to look at one and consider it. Plus the little belt clip makes it easy to stash either in IWB, side OR hip-pocket. . . . options abound. The pinky-rest on the 10-rd mag makes it as easy to hold as any 1911. Many of us got ours for Sub $250. Of course, times have raised demand/prices somewhat, but I'd bet you could find a great, light ly used one at a good show for WELL within yur stated budget.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPancreas View Post
    Based on the price range, I'd be inclined to look at the Kahr CM9 or something like the Ruger LC9. I'm not familiar with the LC9, but the only beef I tend to hear is that the trigger is awful. I hear precisely the opposite about Kahr triggers - consistent raves about what a great trigger it is.

Disclaimer: I'm definitely not the best source for gun pricing info, as I've recently relocated from NYC, where I got raped on every purchase (guns in NY are almost invariably priced ABOVE MSRP, which I've never heard of anywhere else nor on any other type of product), and online purchases are banned outright.

But again, given the desired specs and pricing limitations, I'd be looking at Kahr, even if it meant spending just a tiny bit more. I wouldn't carry it literally in a pocket without some kind of holster that covers the trigger guard, as there is no manual safety (a feature I wouldn't like anyway).

I own a Glock 27 and would absolutely not consider it a "pocket" pistol. Way too bulky, though I do very comfortably home-carry it. I'm unfamiliar with the used gun market, but maybe it's worth considering.

Definitely, from what I'm hearing the CM9 is worth a much closer look.

I found a comparison picture of the LC9 and the PM9 (similar, but higher quality than the CM9

I wouldn't talk you out of a Kahr, the CM9 is a good choice in that price range. Something to consider though, they only give you a single mag. you get two with the nano, 1x 6 round and 1x 8 round. I love my nano, and while the trigger isn't as nice as the kahr or bersa, its better than the lc9.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast