Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Basic rifle class in the greater King of Prussia, Lancaster, or Lehigh Valley area?

I just bought a LE6920 Colt A.R. 15. I would like to get some basic training on how to shoot a rifle. Does anyone have any recommendations for AR basic rifle class training?
    Preferably, I am looking for a class that will allow me to practice with my own rifle and that would be outdoors. If not I'm at least looking for a good class.

Thank you,
    Nick.
    I will die, You will die, we all will die, just not today Patton, Battle of the Bulge.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Basic rifle class in the greater King of Prussia, Lancaster, or Lehigh Valley are

Are you interested in NRA First Step Rifle class? We can do it in the outdoor range in central bucks or indoor range in center city Philly.
    Je suis déplorable

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Basic rifle class in the greater King of Prussia, Lancaster, or Lehigh Valley are

Yes, an NRA First Rifle Class would be great. Where is the class being held and how much would it.

Thank you,
    Nick.
    I will die, You will die, we all will die, just not today Patton, Battle of the Bulge.

(Pike County)

Let's pick location first. I can do it in Philly gun range (former Colossimo) in the evenings or at Wicen's during the weekend. The rest depends on the classroom availability. Price will be $125 regardless of the location.
    Je suis déplorable

(Lancaster County)

Might want to check: http://www.rockwelltactical.com/

Rockwell is based out of Lancaster and has all types of classes. They have some classes scheduled that aren't on their web site yet. You can e-mail them. You can Lanco Tactical, Rockwell teaches classes for them also.

You can check some reviews here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/training-tact...ew-thread.html

Larry

(Montgomery County)

I would highly recommend taking the Appleseed course at Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club, which I'm guessing is near you. You don't have to be a member to take the course. It's a 2 day event held on the weekend, but you can also choose to go just Saturday or just Sunday. If you are just going to go for one day, I highly recommend going Saturday because that's when they go over most of the training. It's $80 for both days for men over 18, and $50 for just Saturday or Sunday. It's also a bit of a history lesson as they go over the events that led to the Revolutionary War.

It's a great way to get solid rifleman skills that you can build on and use with any rifle.

Check out the sticky at the top of this section of the forum and contact LPRGCFrank, who is a member of this forum. You might be able to shoot one of their loaner .22's, which is an M&P 15-22, so it will be great practice for shooting your AR, and won't cost a lot to shoot. You will need to bring your own ammo. The next shoot is on the weekend of November 16. I'll be there with one of my buddies. Here is a link with some info:

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-...?locationid=91

It's a lot of fun! I guarantee you will like it.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Montgomery County)

I took an Appleseed class two weeks ago and really enjoyed It. I learned more in one weekend then I have my whole life in shooting. I went from a terrible shot that could not even hit the paper to a person by the end of the weekend that was hitting all shots on target and a lot in the center. I could not recommend Appleseed enough.

Nick

(Montgomery County)

Does anyone know of a class like Appleseed for handguns?

Thanks,
    Nick.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick72 View Post
    Does anyone know of a class like Appleseed for handguns?

Thanks,
    Nick.
    Where do you shoot? LPRGC is a nice club. For members, they offer pistol clinics often, and also have a defensive pistol class. Plus, they hold various matches like IDPA and USPSA monthly once you get the basics down. You don't have to be a member to shoot the matches.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Berks County)

At F.R.U. we offer effective training, at low cost, instructed by former military and law enforcement personnel.

We are located in the Greater Reading Area of Berks County, Pa.

If anyone is interested you can contact me at your convenience (clarkmatthew600@yahoo.com).

Course fees range from $75.00 - $400

Our courses cover topics pertaining to:
    Weapons Manipulation (Handgun, Carbine, and Shotgun)
    Criminal Law & Self Defense Doctrine
    Defensive Tactics & Situational Awareness
    Night Operations & Vehicle Operations
    (Refer to our website for complete course offering)

Matthew Clark
    Director
    F.R.U.
    Visit us at www.frusecpa.webs.com!