Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Daniel Boone Rod & Gun members?

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    What does that mean?
    It is small compared to other ranges. Has 5 sitting rifle spots under covered roof. It is in the woods. Traffic is very light for the range, unless its Oct, Nov, or Dec; hunting season tends to get busy.

I have not encountered more than a person while going to range, so it might be on the small side, but not crowded. Price compared to university is night and day. $20 per year is a steal for a small private club.

If they charged more, they might be able to put more into the range.

Not sure if you are into archery or not but they have an archery course setup in the woods to practice, they also do 3D Archery shoots. They also have a stocked pond and trout hatchery that can be fished, only catch and release with trout, but anything else is good to keep.

More to place then just the range.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nereaga View Post
    It is small compared to other ranges. Has 5 sitting rifle spots under covered roof. It is in the woods. Traffic is very light for the range, unless its Oct, Nov, or Dec; hunting season tends to get busy.

I have not encountered more than a person while going to range, so it might be on the small side, but not crowded. Price compared to university is night and day. $20 per year is a steal for a small private club.

If they charged more, they might be able to put more into the range.

Not sure if you are into archery or not but they have an archery course setup in the woods to practice, they also do 3D Archery shoots. They also have a stocked pond and trout hatchery that can be fished, only catch and release with trout, but anything else is good to keep.

More to place then just the range.
    Small, not crowded except for hunting season, sounds perfect to me. I just don't understand the cost involved with University....maybe I am missing something.
    Still waiting for my gate card/key to arrive. Hopefully soon.

(Berks County)

What does that mean?
    A small range with, IMO, some safety issues.

When they said, "a handgun range" and "a 25, 50, and 100yrd rifle range" I incorrectly assumed they were separate. They are all the same range with 4 shooting benches. If you are on the left, you are shooting diagonally across the range to the 25/50yrd targets lining the right side.

You have to carry your gear from the lot about 50yrds into the woods where the range is located.

When you approach the range, you are level with the 25yrd targets and have to walk diagonally to the shooting benches. You are in front of the line of fire.

There were three other people shooting when I got there. Two left after about 30 minutes, then two more showed up.

Not trying to b**ch, just posting my 1st time experience at this particular range.

(Berks County)

I also assumed that the pistol and rifle were separate ranges. So 2 shooters = 1/2 capacity?? Did not know that.

(Berks County)

I also assumed that the pistol and rifle were separate ranges. So 2 shooters = 1/2 capacity?? Did not know that.
    Handgun range is attached but to the right. Shooting benches for rifle and an elevated bench for handgun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123