Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default First OC Encounter

This encounter happened last month but I am just now getting around to sharing because this might get a bit long winded.

I generally CC 99% of the time but on this day I was headed up to my Father-in-law's hunting cabin for a weekend of relaxation with my wife, 3 month old daughter, and 3 year old daughter. I was carrying my M&P 45c in a retention holster.

On the way up we needed to stop for some necessities for the weekend. At about 9pm we stopped at the Wegman's in downtown Williamsport. In order to speed things up we split up with my wife taking my 3 year old and me with the baby. After I was done with my shopping I was waiting at the front of the store for my wife so that we could check out. I was standing right next to a CS employee who I guess was there to help guests find what they needed. I was standing there for a few minutes and another customer walked up to the CS employee and started whispering to him. He pointed in my direction and I could make out the words "man" and "gun."

At this point I was like, "here we go..."

What actually happened was quite amusing. The employee shrugged his shoulders and said something to the effect of , "so what." The man then whispered something else to him and I am not sure but it sounded as if the employee responded, "not illegal." The other customer kind of walked a way with a look of disgust. Not a word was said to me.

Now after we checked out we went to the parking lot and started loading the truck with our groceries. One of the parking lot cart pushers offered to help load our truck and took our cart for us. After he returned the cart he walked back over to us and started some small talk which quickly turned into, "so what are you carrying?" I told him its an M&P 45. He then proceeded to tell me that he just became of age and was in the process of applying for his LTCF. I told him, "good for you." After a little more small talk about guns my family and I were on our way, incident free!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: First OC Encounter

Good to hear! We need for people like that employee.

I frequent the Wawa in Richboro, PA, and one of the managers pointed out that I had a gun, and one of the employees responded "So what?"

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    This encounter happened last month but I am just now getting around to sharing because this might get a bit long winded.

I generally CC 99% of the time but on this day I was headed up to my Father-in-law's hunting cabin for a weekend of relaxation with my wife, 3 month old daughter, and 3 year old daughter. I was carrying my M&P 45c in a retention holster.

On the way up we needed to stop for some necessities for the weekend. At about 9pm we stopped at the Wegman's in downtown Williamsport. In order to speed things up we split up with my wife taking my 3 year old and me with the baby. After I was done with my shopping I was waiting at the front of the store for my wife so that we could check out. I was standing right next to a CS employee who I guess was there to help guests find what they needed. I was standing there for a few minutes and another customer walked up to the CS employee and started whispering to him. He pointed in my direction and I could make out the words "man" and "gun."

At this point I was like, "here we go..."

What actually happened was quite amusing. The employee shrugged his shoulders and said something to the effect of , "so what." The man then whispered something else to him and I am not sure but it sounded as if the employee responded, "not illegal." The other customer kind of walked a way with a look of disgust. Not a word was said to me.

Now after we checked out we went to the parking lot and started loading the truck with our groceries. One of the parking lot cart pushers offered to help load our truck and took our cart for us. After he returned the cart he walked back over to us and started some small talk which quickly turned into, "so what are you carrying?" I told him its an M&P 45. He then proceeded to tell me that he just became of age and was in the process of applying for his LTCF. I told him, "good for you." After a little more small talk about guns my family and I were on our way, incident free!
    Sounds more like an OC NON-encounter to me. :-) thats great the clerk says "so what?"

(Tioga County)

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

I pass that Wegman's but have never stopped there.

Where area is your father-in-law's cabin in?
    MikeP

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    Great story. Thanks for sharing.

I pass that Wegman's but have never stopped there.

Where area is your father-in-law's cabin in?
    Pine Creek area.