Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig sauer

(York County)

Default Sig sauer

To the women on here:
    Which is your favorite sig sauer to shoot and why? And is it easy to conceal?

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Sig sauer

I'll respond for my wife and daughter. The wife loves her P245 compact. Nice slim profile. Easy to drop in her handbag or the hip pack she frequently utilizes. She doesn't usually wear pants with belts so no feedback on that from her. Judy finds her Sig to be very much an extension of her hand and points and shoots naturally.

My daughter carries a P228. Alas that is always OC as she is under 21. I have found the P228 conceals well in most situations if one isn't trying to carry it with tight fitting clothes. She loves shooting it. Very accurate with extremely manageable recoil. I had to get an M-11A1 as Libby absconded with my P228. (I know that was a horrible sacrifice but it's my little girl)

I would think that either of those would be concealable with ease on a pair of gals slacks with a loose tunic top or a form fitting top with a light cover over that and the pistol.

Just be sure you get a proper supporting belt and a good holster.

(York County)

Thanks for your response! I see neither of those guns are listed on the Sig site. I'm guessing the P229 is the replacement for the P228? I'm not sure whcih one would replace the P245 though? They both sound very easy to conceal.

I will be speaking for 2 females that regularly tell me they love their P238s. One is a rainbow finis and the other is the newer engraved slide with the pink pearl grips. I am not a female but I threw this question to females I know who have sigs and they definitely like their 238s. Sig also did a great job in adding a little class to their firearms. They didn't just do the lets make this pink and chicks will dig it they really made a few beautiful pieces.

(York County)

Thanks! The rainbow one is quite unique! I don't remember the pink pearl though. I'll check it out.

Its not even listed on their website. I think it may have been a special run or something. Same as the white pearl only pink hue. Notice the engraving on the slide... Hope this pic uploads ok
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mustlovedogs View Post
    Thanks for your response! I see neither of those guns are listed on the Sig site. I'm guessing the P229 is the replacement for the P228? I'm not sure whcih one would replace the P245 though? They both sound very easy to conceal.
    I believe the P220 Compact is the replacement for the P245.
    They are both 45 caliber. The P239 is a similar size and it comes in 9mm.