Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recalled Giron: We can beat the gun lobby (Taqqiya)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...5d0_story.html
    President Obama has now addressed the seventh mass shooting of his presidency, and we certainly heard the weariness in his voice Monday as spoke about the massacre at the Washington Navy Yard: “It’s a shooting that targeted our military and civilian personnel. These are men and women who were going to work, doing their job, protecting all of us. They’re patriots, and they know the dangers of serving abroad, but today they faced the unimaginable violence that they wouldn’t have expected here at home.”As a state legislator now branded by the word “recalled,” I can identify with that weariness. Gun legislation has stalled in Congress because lawmakers fear the fate I suffered — being targeted, voted out or recalled by extremist political activists because of views on firearms safety that dare challenge the gun lobby. The recall fight that my colleague, Colorado Senate President John Morse, and I lost demonstrated that no matter the cost of our political positions, common-sense gun-safety legislation is achievable. Colorado’s newest gun-safety laws have been in effect for months, and the recalls have no bearing on them. The legislation we helped pass proves that the gun lobby can be beaten.Sen. Morse and I started the 2013 legislative session amid a constituent outcry to curb gun violence in our communities. The movie theater shooting in Aurora last summer and the Newtown massacre in Connecticut had brought guns to the forefront of our agenda. We passed laws that extended our state’s background-check system to include private sales, to keep guns out of the hands of criminals; limited ammunition magazines to 15 rounds; and made sure that domestic abusers aren’t allowed to buy or keep guns.

These people are effing delusional.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Default Re: Recalled Giron: We can beat the gun lobby (Taqqiya)

kind of hard to read...no paragraphs. not being a grammar nazi, but to some of us that just looks like a wall of text.
    Last edited by glocke12; September 23rd, 2013 at 06:40 AM.

(York County)

Sad. The president and his cronies in the Democratic party are obsessed with guns as the cause. This single topic obsession has diverted them from a much more thoughtful look at the shame of our mental health crisis in our country.

Even fully knowing that people who should not get guns, WILL get guns no matter what the laws say, they insist on pushing this agenda in spite of overwhelming and legislative resistance to this. I wonder how long before even the medical establishment joins the chorus to do something about how we treat (or lack of it) those who need mental health support.

(Bucks County)

In plain words "we will subjugate America despite the NRA"
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Chester County)

These people know that the only thing hindering their absolute control of this country is the 2nd Amendment. If they can bypass that then they can fulfill their objective of becoming kings and queens.

They're almost there and this is their last hurdle.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    These people know that the only thing hindering their absolute control of this country is the 2nd Amendment. If they can bypass that then they can fulfill their objective of becoming kings and queens.

And eventually they will win . . . but NOT today!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    This is how it's done, all. Pay attention.

(Northampton County)

I like how they think that being recalled has no bearing on the gun control laws they recently passed. Of course its not going to be immediate, but when legislature is brought forward to repeal those laws, its more than likely going to pass with flying colors.
    You may find me dead in a ditch one day. But by God, I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JStem1283 View Post
    I like how they think that being recalled has no bearing on the gun control laws they recently passed. Of course its not going to be immediate, but when legislature is brought forward to repeal those laws, its more than likely going to pass with flying colors.
    I think during the next round of elections you're going to see a very different legislature in CO, plus they have to get rid of Hickenlooper who is actually from Narberth, PA!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    This is how it's done, all. Pay attention.
    Thanks, try to say I didn't earn my G.E.D.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast