Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default 13 Shot in Chicago.

They say gang related. AKA more OMao chillren. Freaking NRA!!

http://gunssavelives.net/news/breaki...ity-in-a-week/

Thirteen people, including a 3-year-old boy who suffered a gunshot wound to the head, were shot at a Chicago park in the Back of the Yards neighborhood Thursday night, authorities said.

Ten adults and the 3-year-old were transported by Fire Department ambulances after the attack in the 1800 block of West 51st Street in the Back of the Yards neighborhood, said Fire Department Deputy District Chief James Mungovan at the scene. A 12th victim was believed to have driven himself to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park, a source said, citing preliminary information.

Police said later a total of 13 people were shot, the boy, two teens, and 10 adults, with the boy the most seriously wounded. The boy suffered a gunshot wound to the head at an ear that exited through his mouth, and was in critical condition at Mount Sinai Hospital, police said.

The attack took place about 10:15 p.m. and fire officials called an Emergency Medical Services Plan II, sending at least 10 ambulances to the scene.

Chicago police were making no information about what happened public, except to say that the shooting appeared to be gang-related. The shootings took place on a basketball court on the 51st Street side of Cornell Square Park near Wood Street.

A witness at the scene said three police officers carried the child to an ambulance.

"I didn't hear no sounds," from the child, he said.

Family members identified the boy as Deonta' Howard, whose uncle was shot to death on Labor Day, Sept. 2.

Deonta'--pronounced Deontay--nicknamed Tay Man, has a dislike for haircuts, one cousin said.

"He didn't like haircuts because he has a big head," said Porsche Chester, a cousin of the boy's. "But he is extremely smart. He didn't have that (head) for nothing."

Three of the victims, including the boy, were initially taken to local hospitals in serious-to-critical condition, according to the Fire Department's news office. Four were in fair-to-serious condition, and four were in good-to-fair condition, according to the Fire Department.

Ambulances continued to arrive until about half an hour after the shootings took place, as injured people were brought out of the park on stretchers.

At the peak, about 60 police officers were on the scene. Police crime lab investigators combed the scene. By about 12:30 a.m. Friday, Chicago firefighters used hoses to clean blood from the basketball court at the park.

The victims' ages, sexes and injuries were, according to Police News Affairs Officer Ron Gaines:

The 3-year-old boy, shot in the ear, in critical condition at Mount Sinai; A 17-year-old girl, shot in the foot, condition stabilized at Holy Cross Hospital; A 15-year-old boy shot in the arm, stabilized at Holy Cross; A man, 27, shot in the leg and wrist, serious condition at Mount Sinai; A man, 24, shot twice in the stomach, serious condition at Mount Sinia; A man, 21, shot in the leg, serious condition at Mount Sinai; A man, 41, shot in the buttocks, serious condition at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital; A woman, 33, shot in the shoulder, condition stabilized at Northwestern Memorial Hospital; A man, 31, shot in the buttocks, condition stabilized at Northwestern; A woman, 23, shot in the foot, condition stabilized at St. Anthony Hospital; A man, 37, shot in the leg, in good condition at Stroger; A man, 25, shot in the knee, in good condition at Northwestern; And a man, 33, who drove himself to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park with a gunshot wound to the leg and who was treated and released.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Default Re: 13 Shot in Chicago.

Beat me to it!

I cant afford to go to the range and these guys just go to a basketball court and blast away.. WTF, dont they know there is a shortage of ammo?

lets get to the important stuff here, where they mooslums?

(Schuylkill County)

I don't understand why anyone would have their 3 year old in a Chicago park at 10:15PM.

(Washington County)

Three year old should be in bed at 10:00 PM while mom and dad relax on the couch after a hard days work.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would have their 3 year old in a Chicago park at 10:15PM.
    Drug dealers don't deliver and baby daddies don't babysit.

During my time as a cop, I was called to a public housing project...more like, I walked a couple feet from my normal post...LOL, but upon arriving at the call, I encountered a women whom was beaten badly. One of the worst I'd ever seen. Her male lover had kicked her face in with steel toed boots. Literally, her face looked like hamburger. While we waited for an ambulance, a little boy, maybe 3 years old, still in diapers, walks into the kitchen, opens the fridge, takes out a can of beer, opens it up, and starts chugging it. His mom, the victim got a horrified look on her face, screamed at the kid to put down the beer and what are you doing by grabbing that beer? The kid, even at 3 years old, had a look on his face like "WTF Mom, I do this all the time with no problem!" He ran off crying. This was damn near 20 years ago.

And folks question why a 3 year old is out at 10:15 at night at a park, in a major city, in a bad neighborhood? Really?

CL

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    Three year old should be in bed at 10:00 PM while mom and dad relax on the couch after a hard days work.
    Probably not enough beds, they must sleep in shifts.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    During my time as a cop, I was called to a public housing project...more like, I walked a couple feet from my normal post...LOL, but upon arriving at the call, I encountered a women whom was beaten badly. One of the worst I'd ever seen. Her male lover had kicked her face in with steel toed boots. Literally, her face looked like hamburger. While we waited for an ambulance, a little boy, maybe 3 years old, still in diapers, walks into the kitchen, opens the fridge, takes out a can of beer, opens it up, and starts chugging it. His mom, the victim got a horrified look on her face, screamed at the kid to put down the beer and what are you doing by grabbing that beer? The kid, even at 3 years old, had a look on his face like "WTF Mom, I do this all the time with no problem!" He ran off crying. This was damn near 20 years ago.

And folks question why a 3 year old is out at 10:15 at night at a park, in a major city, in a bad neighborhood? Really?

CL
    We were hosting an Oktoberfest party and one of my sons (8 yo at the time) brings a beer to mom and says "I don't like this pop, do you want the rest". I told him of course you don't it's a Coors Light, try the German stuff.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast