Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSP .45 GAP's

(Perry County)

Default Re: PSP .45 GAP's

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Who the hell approved the .45 GAP. They should be fired. I work with Troopers a couple times a week. I've never met a "small one". Heck, both female Troopers I've worked shouldn't even carry a gun, I've only met two or three men in my entire life that I they could not beat with their bear hands.
    The powers that be set up a testing group. One of the requirements was that no "gun people" be on the group. I think they tested .40 S&W, .45 GAP and .45 ACP in Glock, Sig and maybe one other. I knew Glock would win manufacturer simply due to cost. My guess is that Glock gave a sweetheart deal on the guns in order to prop up the caliber.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Re: PSP .45 GAP's

I WOULD KILL to have a psp stamped g37/38...

Dont sleep on the 45gap round its really a good catridge.. less recoil than the 40hands down and more knockdown.

I love my SAXd in 45gap. it shoots straight and true and goes bang when i pull the trigger... what more could you want??

In comparision the 45acp is literaly the same price as 45GAP...

45ACP IS more common but come talk to me when you cant buy a box of golddots in 45acp to save your life brand new...months ago when all the "gun ban" bs was going on..finding ammo was imposible for 45acp..

I found 45GAP in 2 mins without even trying to look.

I just bought 600 rounds of 45GAP at dirt cheap prices... and CCI GOLDOTS 200gr.

go even find me a new manufacture 45acp box of golddots under 45 bux... it cant be done.

So although i must admit it is a "problem without and question" it does work and it does shoot just as nice and knock targets down just as well as a 45acp... in a SMALLER package.

I love my GAP and wouldnt trade it for the world..

if you guys in the PSP want to keep ur duty weapon as long as its STAMPED PSP...Ill buy it..

I will more than HAPPILY give you fair price for it.. i want one so bad.. my SA is stamped LE.

sleeping on the 45gap normaly comes from guys who have never shot it.. or know nothing about it.

My SA is my carry gun its been through more than 1200 rounds without fail..and rides on my hip and I TRUST MY LIFE TO IT. again what more could you ask for...

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Re: PSP .45 GAP's

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Other than the fact that ammo is pricey and uncommon, what don't you like about them? I carry a Glock and I don't like them that much. The two I liked most are .357 SIG and .45 GAP my friends own. They are not flippy and stay on target more than mine.

Thanks in advance.
    thanks for supporting.

damn those "must spread rep around" criminal fools..

someone get him for me please....

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by gumbys1up View Post
    I WOULD KILL to have a psp stamped g37/38...

Dont sleep on the 45gap round its really a good catridge.. less recoil than the 40hands down and more knockdown.

I love my SAXd in 45gap. it shoots straight and true and goes bang when i pull the trigger... what more could you want??

In comparision the 45acp is literaly the same price as 45GAP...

45ACP IS more common but come talk to me when you cant buy a box of golddots in 45acp to save your life brand new...months ago when all the "gun ban" bs was going on..finding ammo was imposible for 45acp..

I found 45GAP in 2 mins without even trying to look.

I just bought 600 rounds of 45GAP at dirt cheap prices... and CCI GOLDOTS 200gr.

go even find me a new manufacture 45acp box of golddots under 45 bux... it cant be done.

So although i must admit it is a "problem without and question" it does work and it does shoot just as nice and knock targets down just as well as a 45acp... in a SMALLER package.

I love my GAP and wouldnt trade it for the world..

if you guys in the PSP want to keep ur duty weapon as long as its STAMPED PSP...Ill buy it..

I will more than HAPPILY give you fair price for it.. i want one so bad.. my SA is stamped LE.

sleeping on the 45gap normaly comes from guys who have never shot it.. or know nothing about it.

My SA is my carry gun its been through more than 1200 rounds without fail..and rides on my hip and I TRUST MY LIFE TO IT. again what more could you ask for...
    I heard there was a guy out there that loved this caliber. Or is this Jeffrey Miller?

You will never have a PSP stamped Glock 37, they don't exist. After having two Berettas marked with the patch, we were all a little disappointed when the department didn't get the 37 marked.

I have a Glock 39. It's my self defense gun. If they take it and never give it back, the joke is on them. It was my vest BUG and the only reason I bought it was because I could use my 37 mags in it.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lehigh County)

well damn it keep ur service weapon and sel it too me at fair market value... lol

No im not jeffery miller..lol

Its kils me on the inside to know there arent any stamped "psp"...that sux.

but in all honest, from a patrolmans standpoint, how do YOU feel on the 45gap cartridge???

Do u feel just as confident carry it as you would the PROVEN 45acp??

I sure do..after 1000 rounds and tons of training...

but its a lot better to hear how the men carrying "in the field" feel....

btw sell me your service g37/38/39....

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

As tough as it can be sometimes to stock up on (yet!) another caliber, at least one can still have the interchangable magazines from the larger models.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by gumbys1up View Post
    well damn it keep ur service weapon and sel it too me at fair market value... lol

No im not jeffery miller..lol

Its kils me on the inside to know there arent any stamped "psp"...that sux.

but in all honest, from a patrolmans standpoint, how do YOU feel on the 45gap cartridge???

Do u feel just as confident carry it as you would the PROVEN 45acp??

I sure do..after 1000 rounds and tons of training...

but its a lot better to hear how the men carrying "in the field" feel....

btw sell me your service g37/38/39....
    You should see some on the market anytime now. I think they transfer them to the buyer once the transition is complete as a single lot. I let them keep mine when I retired, I had no love for it.

There was a recent shooting by PSP in Hanover with the GAP. The bad guy was hit in the sternum and the bullet slid off and hit a lung. I don't have great faith in any handgun cartridge. Simply because they lack the power to devastate tissue.

The .45 GAP is fine for what it is but I have always viewed it as Gaston Glock's vanity cartridge. And it's lack of acceptance has made it a doomed cartridge IMO. Where the 10mm has a cult following (myself included) I think that's because it's more than the .40 S&W and we all like more. The .45 GAP is less than .45 ACP and while its loading makes it essentially equal, it's shorter and is generally loaded with a lighter bullet. Other than it allowing for a smaller grip, it just doesn't seem to have a real use.

I'm not a lover of the .45 ACP either. I just have a couple because it's easy to find, usually on sale and is no worse than any other handgun cartridge. And the 1911 is a thing of beauty and it's usually crafted in .45 ACP. I prefer velocity over diameter. I like the .357, 10mm (hot loaded) and +p 9mm. When someone comes out with a 5.7x28 in a slightly less ugly pistol, I'll have to have one. I may even break down and get the FN but it's not at the top of my list for acquisitions.

I will likely sell my Glock 39. I figured I'd wait until the PSP 37s started showing up since there should be an uptick of interest. Combine that with the fact that a Trooper carried in his vest everyday for several years and hopefully I won't get hurt too bad price-wise. I sell on Gunbroker. Do you want a heads up when I list it? Or you can PM an offer, maybe you'll hit the mark. I'll even throw in a patch if you want one.

(Chester County)

In five years you will have to hand load in order to shoot a 45gap.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12