Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Treason??? You Decide..Obama Waives Federal Law

Kind of long but scary. Federal law can just be waived. Wish I could just wave my Federal Taxes.....

President Barack Obama on Monday announced he would waive the federal law intended to prevent the supply of arms to terrorists groups so the U.S. can provide arms and other military assistance to the Syrian rebels, the Washington Examiner’s Joel Gehrke reports.

As TheBlaze has previously reported, a number of radical Islamic terrorist groups, including al Qaeda, have aligned themselves with the Syrian opposition in the quest to topple Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Obama Reportedly Waives the Ban on Arming Terrorist Groups for Syrian Rebels
    US President Barack Obama speaks on economy in the South Court Auditorium of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, next to the White House, in Washington on September 16, 2013 to mark the five-year anniversary of the financial crisis. Credit: AFP/Getty Images
    The Washington Examiner reports:

The president, citing his authority under the Arms Export Control Act, announced today that he would “waive the prohibitions in sections 40 and 40A of the AECA related to such a transaction.”

Those two sections prohibit sending weaponry to countries described in section 40(d): “The prohibitions contained in this section apply with respect to a country if the Secretary of State determines that the government of that country has repeatedly provided support for acts of international terrorism,” Congress stated in the Arms Control Export Act.

“For purposes of this subsection, such acts shall include all activities that the Secretary determines willfully aid or abet the international proliferation of nuclear explosive devices to individuals or groups or willfully aid or abet an individual or groups in acquiring unsafeguarded special nuclear material,” the law continues.

The president of the United States has the authority to waive the restrictions if he “determines that the transaction is essential to the national security interests of the United States.”

It is unclear how arming the Syrian rebels could possibly be interpreted as “essential to the national security interests of the United States.” However, Obama is making the case that Assad having chemical weapons is a nation security threat to the U.S.

Last week, the Washington Post reported on a “major escalation of the U.S. role in Syria’s civil war” after the Obama administration went ahead with its promise to provide “lethal aid” to the rebels.

According to sources, arms shipments of light weapons and other munitions were delivered to the rebels as well as nonlethal gear like sophisticated communications equipment, advanced combat medical kits and vehicles.

(Bucks County)

Angry Re: Treason??? You Decide..Obama Waives Federal Law

Yeah, scary ain't it? We are so far beyond treason at this point that it's not even possible to see treason in the rear view mirror. If he can waive the ones he doesn't like, can I waive the ones I don't like? I specifically dislike the one that is keeping a lot of folks from shooting him in the face. I personally believe he is alive only because there is a law prohibiting killing him.
    Last edited by Manxdriver; September 17th, 2013 at 07:04 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Treason??? You Decide..Obama Waives Federal Law

Greetings,

My only observation would be "typical". When it suits this administration, damn the laws, the constitution, etc.. The enemy of our enemy is our friend, right?

Regards, Jim

(Westmoreland County)

As with F&F, Benghazi and numerous other similar incidents; NOTHING will move forward to call him to task.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Yeah, scary ain't it?
    Scary? Scary got run out of town years ago.

I'm hoping for a military coup or a foreign invasion. There's nothing left, and all the pieces are in place. We live in a totalitarian state with no rights whatsoever and no rights for redress unless the government decides it is in their interests. It may be a more comfortable than the Soviet Union at the moment, but it is far more ubiquitous and oppressive. The Soviet Union probably wouldn't have pulled back if they had what the US government has now.

Fast & Furious, Benghazi were Treason.....anything else is merely icing on the cake.

Now, when are the charges being brought?
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Northampton County)

I think it was in Nicaragua a few years back. In the middle of the night they put there pres or whatever he is on a plane in his PJ'S and sent him out of the country. Non violent and priceless.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    Fast & Furious, Benghazi were Treason.....anything else is merely icing on the cake.

Now, when are the charges being brought?
    That was my point. There will be no charges brought. Anyone in any position to do so will not for a variety of reasons.

(Philadelphia County)

And once again Congress just bends over and takes it. How many times are they going to allow him to skirt laws, side step them and do as he wants before they grow a pair?

The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast