Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default PICS overloaded?

I went in to by a Derringer I've been eyeing [My first purchase in around a year]. The sales lady said that the PICS system is down and I could give her a down payment and she would call me when the system was back up.

I didn't know if this was the result of the DC shooting and everyone rushing to by guns [If so that was damn quick] or if PICS has just been goofy lately. I know earlier this year the PPD GPU was having some problems with it.

Anyone know anything? I've never had this problem before. All my other transactions I was walking out with the firearm 10-20 minutes after I said I wanted it.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: PICS overloaded?

Pics was down on Saturday when I was trying to pick up a Mossburg, but was up this afternoon.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by KBliz View Post
    Pics was down on Saturday when I was trying to pick up a Mossburg, but was up this afternoon.
    WTF! I was told it was down this afternoon! I walked around the shop for a few minutes hoping it would come up but it didn't. Then I called again around 5PM and was told it was still down. I feel like I'm in a commie state not being able to bring my new gun home. All my other purchases I never had this problem.

(Berks County)

Happens a lot. They used to blame casy. Lots of times at gun shows the dealers can't get through. Happens a cabellas. Then when you ask a week later at another dealer they don't know anything about it. Weird.

There's a difference between the dealer not getting through, and PICS being "down". The system was set up for a predicted level of average traffic, plus a margin for expected busy times. If you exceed that, the last calls in don't have anywhere to go.

This year has seen some massive increases in traffic, because everybody wants to buy a gun while they can, and everybody wants his LTCF. Shutting down the Florida and other state "loopholes" doesn't help.

Mostly, blame Obama and his gun-banning friends.

It's hard to believe that there are still some of the 12 million Pennsylvanians who are eligible for an LTCF but didn't bother applying in December or January, but if there are, expect them to scurry to the courthouse this week or next, because of the Navy Yard shooter and the inevitable shrill cries to "do something" about guns.

And you can always use another gun, so sales should be up this week. People react instead of planning, and they react to these shootings by either whining about that pesky 2nd Amendment or by buying guns.
    Last edited by GunLawyer001; September 17th, 2013 at 01:31 AM.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

There goes the ammo.