Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig P938

Default Sig P938

I have a SigSauer P938 extreme. I was asked a month or so ago by another owner “did any of your grip screws fall out yet?” and I looked at him like he had 2 heads. He says that both his and his wife’s are missing screws.

Fast forward to this weekend… I am now missing a screw. Sig wants 15.95 to send me another one. I am not amused.

Anyone else have this issue yet? If you haven’t, are your screws tight? Do you have a few screws loose?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Sig P938

I have heard about many Sigs (not just the 938) having issues with grip screws. I wish I could tell you I never experienced it, but my 229 Elite Platinum has that issue all the time. I have had to tighten the screws several times over the past year. I clean my firearms regularly and always check the screws on the Sig now.

(Northampton County)

I just purchased a P938 myself last week. Put little over 300 rounds through it this weekend, just double checked and all grip screws are still tight.

I was looking at getting a matching mainspring housing from Hogue (http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?...&filter_id=816) If you watch their install video on youtube they tell you to put red locktite on the screws when you reinstall the grips. Might help?

Oh, and if you need any spare mags I ordered two 7rnd mags from TopGunSupply (http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-p938-magazines/) $39/each, free shipping. Just a heads up, they have 6 and 7 rnd mags in stock.

-Mike
    Last edited by IUOE_Mike; September 16th, 2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: added info

Thanks for the info Mike! FWIW, I called sig again today after I decided to tell them this wasn't the first time I heard of the issue. I gave them my serial number and they said "its an extreme right" and then they said they will mail me some screws but they recommend locktite ing them. So, they don't acknowledge the problem but are sure quick to offer a solution. Oh well, they made it right so I am happy.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by IUOE_Mike View Post
    I just purchased a P938 myself last week. Put little over 300 rounds through it this weekend, just double checked and all grip screws are still tight.

I was looking at getting a matching mainspring housing from Hogue (http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?...&filter_id=816) If you watch their install video on youtube they tell you to put red locktite on the screws when you reinstall the grips. Might help?

Oh, and if you need any spare mags I ordered two 7rnd mags from TopGunSupply (http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-p938-magazines/) $39/each, free shipping. Just a heads up, they have 6 and 7 rnd mags in stock.

-Mike
    was looking for the main spring housing for my 238 (aluminum) Found it............rep sent

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post
    I have heard about many Sigs (not just the 938) having issues with grip screws. I wish I could tell you I never experienced it, but my 229 Elite Platinum has that issue all the time. I have had to tighten the screws several times over the past year. I clean my firearms regularly and always check the screws on the Sig now.
    Is this with the stock grips or third-party grips? Both my P226/MK25 and P229 have Hogue rubber grips and have never had an issue with missing screws.

I assume it's because Hogue screws are half the price of their Sig counterparts.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by howiepa View Post
    Is this with the stock grips or third-party grips? Both my P226/MK25 and P229 have Hogue rubber grips and have never had an issue with missing screws.

I assume it's because Hogue screws are half the price of their Sig counterparts.
    It's the stock aluminum grips on mine. I bought it used, so it's possible they were removed at some point before I bought the firearm too.

Mine was the original factory G10 grips on the 938 extreme... Update: I called my dealer to see if he can get a better price from sig on the shipping...he got in touch with them and they are sending me a couple for free... so problem solved and +1 to Sig and my dealer for hooking it up!