Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Where do you shoot??

that little round mark right in the middle... oops, misunderstood the question
    The chair is against the wall... John has a long mustache...

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Well I'm about 7 years late here, but is anyone still a member at Keystone? Any idea if theyre taking new members? I've been trying to join but havent had any luck getting anyone to respond (phone, email or Facebook).

I never forgot about it but life got in the way, and then I joined Zerbe in the meantime.
    Yes I’m still a member at Keystone. Not too much has changed there in my opinion. Communication skills haven’t improved either, which sounds like you’re aware of. I sent our dues in before the end of December and have yet to receive new membership cards or have them cash my check. Usually the cards are returned pretty quick. I don’t know what’s going on there lately. I do have the ‘21 newsletter. I’ll PM you the officer’s emails.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mentch171 View Post
    Yes I’m still a member at Keystone. Not too much has changed there in my opinion. Communication skills haven’t improved either, which sounds like you’re aware of. I sent our dues in before the end of December and have yet to receive new membership cards or have them cash my check. Usually the cards are returned pretty quick. I don’t know what’s going on there lately. I do have the ‘21 newsletter. I’ll PM you the officer’s emails.
    Thanks, I appreciate it! I wasnt sure if the slowness was due to COVID or just how they were. My next step was gonna be driving out and seeing if anyone was there one Saturday, but email is definitely preferable.

Ironically I met an older guy at Zerbe the other year who asked if I wanted to join Keystone, but timing wasnt right for me/i had just had a kid. Probably should've grabbed his info though and followed up... hindsight is 20/20

(Northumberland County)

I belong to Zerbe and Keystone. How i got in Keystone. I asked one of the officers at Zerbe. If i could set up my portable shooting table. On the other side of the pond. When no one was fishing. So i could shoot further distance. He said why don't you join Keystone. I told him i don't know anyone to sponsor me. He said you do know. I went up on a Sunday morning when he is there. And joined. I love shooting the steel out to the 300 yard range.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by AllenJr View Post
    I belong to Zerbe and Keystone. How i got in Keystone. I asked one of the officers at Zerbe. If i could set up my portable shooting table. On the other side of the pond. When no one was fishing. So i could shoot further distance. He said why don't you join Keystone. I told him i don't know anyone to sponsor me. He said you do know. I went up on a Sunday morning when he is there. And joined. I love shooting the steel out to the 300 yard range.
    Agreed. I owe it to Mentch171 for helping me get in last year. Very happy with the decision to join. I kept my Zerbe membership too, mostly for when i don't feel like driving as far/am only shooting close range/taking the kid fishing. Other upside to Keystone is the exercise...that trek to the 200/300 yard targets is a killer!

(Northumberland County)

I'm a few years late to this party, but I've been a member at the Fairview Gun Club in Shamokin for quite a few years now. Great place to be a member, lots of land, ponds to fish, the ranges are nothing to get excited about but they'll do. I've thought about trying to get into Keystone for a few years now, but I don't see myself getting out there very often, and it sounds like it's a pretty hard club to get into. Either way, us local guys should plan a shoot when the weather gets warmer.
    Arm The Homeless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12