Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default LTCF + Concealed Weapon = A INVOLUNTARY commitment !

SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT ABOUT THIS STORY

BRIDGEVILLE, Pa. – A Pittsburgh-area health club that was the site of a mass shooting four years ago has added security after a patron was found carrying two guns in his gym bag.
    Collier Township police tell the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (http://bit.ly/1eDnzGi ) that the man wasn't charged, but he was committed for a mental health evaluation. Police were called to the LA Fitness last week after an employee reported being harassed by the man.
    Police say the man had a permit to carry the guns and was involuntarily committed to a mental health facility but was released Friday after doctors examined him.
    In August 2009, George Sodini fatally shot himself after killing three women and wounding nine others at the club.
    Police are posting an on-duty officer at the club indefinitely.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/11...#ixzz2ebMTDIHZ
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Default Re: LTCF + Concealed Weapon = A INVOLUNTARY commitment !

i've met the guy who owns that place, i wonder if he knows what's going on there.

(Allegheny County)

I don't go to that particular LA fitness, but I am a member. It'll be interesting to see if there are any new policies that come about after this incident.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I think there's more to the story. I heard it on the news this morning, something about him already being banned from other stores in the plaza. I'm reserving judgement on this one.

(Beaver County)

Misleading thread title is misleading. And what the fuck does this have to do with politics? A jackass went into a private establishment and babbled nonsense repeatedly until an employee felt uncomfortable and called the police. NOT POLITICS. Erratic behavior + nonsensical rambling = 302.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by BestDefense=StrongOffense View Post
    Misleading thread title is misleading. And what the fuck does this have to do with politics? A jackass went into a private establishment and babbled nonsense repeatedly until an employee felt uncomfortable and called the police. NOT POLITICS. Erratic behavior + nonsensical rambling = 302.
    And doing it in a place that had a mass shooting recently, well, not the brightest idea.

(Perry County)

Like most things in policing, it's about the totality of the circumstances. If he was interviewed by the police about his harassment of the employee and he started sharing that he determined that she was actually a space alien and that he carried the guns because space aliens were taking over the world...
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lancaster County)

NOW I HAVE AN EXCUSE NOT TO GO TO THE GYM!!!! Yeah--I knew there was some good reason to avoid exercise. Evil guns . . .

Besides, my couch is sooo comfy!

(Allegheny County)

Yes...there is a whole lot more to this story.. the guy dressed up identically to the original shooter...had a bag identical to the original shooter.... walked into the LA Fitness and went into the workout room that was full of yoga patrons...put his bag down.... and then turned off all the lights. I do not know what all he said to the police as far as what his motivation was.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by BestDefense=StrongOffense View Post
    This.

This, this, this.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast