Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bizarre Letter To The Editor

To those of you outside of Berks County check out this letter to the editor which appeared yesterday in the "Reading Eagle"

SOME AROUSED BY THEIR GUNS

Editor:

I appreciate the Reading Eagle coverage, pro and con, concerning the ongoing gun debate. Overlooked, though, was a psychological condition called paraphelia, which causes some gun enthusiasts to get sexually excited by their gun collections.

Paraphelia is described as a condition where men are turned on by inanimate objects. A gun-show display of the latest assault weapons sexually excites some gun collectors.

Tom Goganes
    Reading

The most bizarre thing about this is that the "Reading Eagle" actually found this to be an appropriate letter to print, out of the hundreds they must get on a weekly basis.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Bizarre Letter To The Editor

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    To those of you outside of Berks County check out this letter to the editor which appeared yesterday in the "Reading Eagle"

SOME AROUSED BY THEIR GUNS

Editor:

I appreciate the Reading Eagle coverage, pro and con, concerning the ongoing gun debate. Overlooked, though, was a psychological condition called paraphelia, which causes some gun enthusiasts to get sexually excited by their gun collections.

Paraphelia is described as a condition where men are turned on by inanimate objects. A gun-show display of the latest assault weapons sexually excites some gun collectors.

Tom Goganes
    Reading

The most bizarre thing about this is that the "Reading Eagle" actually found this to be an appropriate letter to print, out of the hundreds they must get on a weekly basis.
    The Reading Eagle is quite questionable when it comes to "journalism" IMHO.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    The Reading Eagle is quite questionable when it comes to "journalism" IMHO.
    I second that thought. I've seen many stories printed with info they only got from listening to the police scanner. I've been involved in other situations which then make the paper, only to read that they got the story all wrong. And I've spoken to reporters, only to later read that they paraphrased my words into something different than what I said.
    Their professionalism and accuracy is questionable at best.

But on a side note, I feel a tingle in my pants when I touch my guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Bucks County)

I fail to see the problem
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Allegheny County)

While I am sure that there ARE men who are "turned" on by object, I think it can be any object really, and not just a gun. I believe it, but not how the writer of the letter thinks.

(York County)

Yes, just think of Chris Matthews of MSNBC: he felt a tingle running down his leg when Obama got elected! Now there's a weirdo.

The Reading Eagle has been way past its usefulness for years . The continual use of cut and past from other news organizations is pathetic. The paper can't even get there grammar in check. The lead journalist are typical agenda driven liberals. If you need to know what is happening you need to ether look to Pottstown or Allentown and in some cases Lancaster area news. Been that way for years. John Forester is the absolute worst... How that rag stays in business boggles the mind. But hey thats Reading for you, been electing the same trash for years and wonder why they can't solve the problems. OK I'll go back under my rock for now........

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by paulviino10 View Post
    The paper can't even get there grammar in check. The lead journalist are typical agenda driven liberals. If you need to know what is happening you need to ether look to Pottstown or Allentown and in some cases Lancaster area news.
    Pot this is kettle.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Hmm...how many of the numerous letters you have read in the Reading Eagle have motivated you to spread the word of its contents on an internet forum?

We'd all like to think newspapers are all about the 1st Amendment and informing the public on important issues. However, they do have to actually sell papers through the use of such things as entertainment and advertising.

I'm guessing you were slightly entertained by the ridiculous nature of this letter, and I am sure the Reading Eagle appreciates the free advertising you and others who are talking about this letter elsewhere are giving the paper.

Kudos to the Reading Eagle! Every last column inch doesn't have to be devoted to hard news.

(Lancaster County)

Odd, either Mr. Tom Goganes is completely off the grid, or that's a completely fabricated name.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast