Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Allentown Gun Show - Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society

coupon
    http://www.allentownshow.net/attendant_benefits/oct.pdf

OCTOBER SHOW (Oct. 19 & 20)

Friday Oct. 18- Entry for Table Holders and Life Members at 2:00 P.M.
    No Public or Annual Members admitted on Fridays.

Saturday Oct. 19- Entry for Table Holders and Life Members at 8:00 A.M.
    Entry for Annual Members at 8:30 A.M.
    Opens to the public at 9:00 A.M. Non Member Donation $7.00
    Closes at 5 PM - No new entries after 4 PM

Sunday Oct. 20 - Entry for Table Holders and Life Members at 8:00 A.M.
    Entry for Annual Members at 8:30 A.M.
    Opens to the public at 9.00 A.M. Non Member Donation $7.00
    Closes at 2 PM - No new entries after 1 PM

(Greene County)

Default Re: Allentown Gun Show - Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society

Is the Monroeville gun show scheduled for the following week still happening? I seen on the website says that it is, but there's no info here for it

(Lehigh County)

are kids free?
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Erie County)

Never been to that one. Maybe I'll stop by.

(Monroe County)

Gee what happened to the fairgrounds no guns policy from the fair?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Northampton County)

I haven't been there since the organization member told a cop to check my spare mag and have me unload it. Yeah, I'm going to unload 15 bullets and put them in my pocket. I just left. Should have seen the look on the cop's face, it was like, "Yeah, I know, these guys are douchebags. Sorry."

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I haven't been there since the organization member told a cop to check my spare mag and have me unload it. Yeah, I'm going to unload 15 bullets and put them in my pocket. I just left. Should have seen the look on the cop's face, it was like, "Yeah, I know, these guys are douchebags. Sorry."
    "Blue Jacket Nazis."

At the last F_cks of the Delaware show I attended, about two years ago, I was looking at a the out-of-print Beinfeld Trapdoor Springfield book on a vendor's table, no price, vendor AWOL.

So I'm hanging out there 5 mins . . 10 mins . . . 15 mins . . . pick up the book, set it down, thumb check it again, set it down, lather rinse, repeat. 20-25 mins total elapsed time and a short-statured Blue Jacket with black glasses and "Sergeant at Arms" title on his nameplate badge comes up and says I'll "have to move along." I ask why, and the Sarge says that I'm making dealers nervous because I'm hanging around another dealer's table when the dealer isn't there. Implied but unspoken: They think you're going to rip something off.

"Let me get this straight, Sir," I said, turning around and counting the other surrounding vendors watching with interest. "There are five vendors watching intently, one or more of which no doubt felt compelled to contact you about me. How is it that I'm going to sneak off with a 9" x 12" x 1" hardcover wearing a polo shirt, shorts, and flip-flops, with that kind of scrutiny from multiple angles?" I added, "I'd like to buy this book, but there's no price. I've waited patiently 30 mins now, and have been hassled for doing so, because YOUR vendor isn't manning his tables. S'up with that? WHY isn't he here to service potential customers? I gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he was on a smoke break or head call, but it doesn't take 25 mins to take a sh_t, and I know people who smoke a PACK of cigs in that time. And you're jamming ME up? This the kind of show you run? How about making yourself useful and finding this vendor, and I can buy this f__cking book, and then I will be MOST HAPPY to "move along," Whaddya say, Sarge?

He went and got the vendor within a couple minutes, but I suspect the "gun show drums" telegraphed the incident ahead of him. The vendor wanted $75 and I started on him about wasting more than 1/2 hr of my time being AWOL, and then threw a $50 on the table, saying "That's my ONLY offer."

"It's your book," he said, picking up the Grant. I moved on out the door and up the road. Kept up the dues, but haven't been back.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; October 18th, 2013 at 08:26 AM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lehigh County)

From what i'm hearing on here i'm going to scratch this show off my weekends agenda.
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Lehigh County)

So, I think the doors opened tonight to life members or regular members?

Any reports on what's available?

A so so show if you are close by and have nothing better to do. IMHO
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast