Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default moving back to PA

I'm moving back most likely by the middle of Dec. We're not 100% on where but it looks like the Myerstown area, does anyone have a range they recommend.

Also a heads up on any jobs in the area would be awesome, I'm in the car industry for 15 years now, I work for Toyota. I worked at Freedom in Hamburg when I moved away so I will call them as well as their Harrisburg office.

Whats the hunting like for deer there?
    I have hunted in Junianta county so I assume it's like that but what are the better places to go. I would appreciate this info in a PM so not to blow the spot up and flood it with orange...

I also only have my Marlin 30-30 left so will be looking to pick up a rifle either in .270 or 30.06 got any recommendations?

(Somerset County)

Default Re: moving back to PA

Except for the Rem 710/770 series, there hasn't been a bad line of rifles produced recently. Your best bet is to check them out at store and see what you like, not what I like.

Good luck on the move.

Dale

How long have you been out of pa?

(Lehigh County)

Why are you moving back? My wife and I are talking about moving to Florida. I have spent a lot of time there and she loves the beach.

We've only been gone about 3 months so far. We just don't like it to live here. The beach is great but we live here now it's not vacation so we don't get there much and we only live 1.5 miles from it.
    Where we are there is a lot of crime here and we just don't feel it's for us. I carry if course but I don't want to be in a situation where I have to shoot my way out of. We were going to move to Naples but we've been some difficulties being here that when we were in PA we didn't have. Also both our families are there and in NJ so we want to be where we belong. Most people in Florida are not from Florida. And the ones from here move away... May be stupid but that speaks to me and coupled with the crime level were out before we get settled.

I don't want to discourage anyone S these issues are ours and you may love it. It's very convenient and there is some cool things to do here but everything closes by 9pm except Walmart. To each his own, we are coming home.