Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
So lets say a Saiga-12 shotgun with a pistol grip mod (the legal 922r one) with a honkin 10rd mag full of slugs. In theory if you could hit it (assuming the shot placement) it would be going down?

And yes I know you probally wouldn't need the big mag but what can I say I like high caps
I know for a fact that the pig would go down as long as you can make your hits. We usually hunt hogs in east Texas with 00 Buckshot and it gets the job done nicely. We once got into a herd of around 30 or 40 pigs, and my buddy Wade couldn't find anymore buckshot, he started taking them with what we call "bacon peelers" (8 shot). He shot one pig about 4 or 5 times with the 8 shot, but it killed him. So yes, the slugs would definately do the job.

For some of the other questions, the pigs I've hunted are strange in that they don't have a set schedule or habits. Most of them are nocturnal and change things up, eg. they don't always feed around 2am, etc. I can also tell you that ballistic tip bullets don't usually fare very well against pigs. Pigs are so thick that the ballistic tip bullets sometimes don't kill them as easily as a fmj or "accubond" type bullet. Also remember, however many pigs you kill, you're gonna have to haul, lol, it can get heavy.