Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Wild hog hunting in PA?

Quote Originally Posted by Floridaboy1302 View Post
    So how long do you think it will be before they open up a year round season on hogs and do you think they will let you use dogs any time soon? Cause I would really like to get in to some good hog huntin. If I want to know I have to take leave and go all the way back to Fla.
    My coworker went to the game show in Harrisburg a couple weekends ago, he said the PAGC personnel there said there will be a meeting in March or April to with the wild hogs as a topic. ...that nothing will happen until then. They may or may not set a "season" for them at that time or voted to study the critters further for future population control.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

I dont understand why they are protecting hogs. They dont do anything except tearup everybodies land. I guess they are just waiting to see the best way they can make money off a hog season. And you know if they wait much longer they will be out of control. Them damn things multiply by the day? What they should do is go off the same rules Fla. and Ga. do.
    Last edited by Floridaboy1302; February 18th, 2008 at 10:02 PM.

Check this out I just found this!!
    REPRODUCTION OF FERAL SWINE; Once a sow reaches breeding age at 7 or 8 months of age they can be responsible for 1,000 plus feral swine in a 5 year period.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Floridaboy1302 View Post
    I dont understand why they are protecting hogs. They dont do anything except tearup everybodies land. I guess they are just waiting to see the best way they can make money off a hog season. And you know if they wait much longer they will be out of control. Them damn things multiply by the day? What they should do is go off the same rules Fla. and Ga. do.
    The PA Game Commission isn't the one responsible for this, the courts and the bunny huggers are. The PAGC did not want to regulate the pigs and prior to the court order they were treated like they are in FL - as livestock.. Do not blame the PAGC for this, blame the courts and those whackjob bleeding hearts.

Rumor is that they will not have a special season, just that they can be taken while hunting other animals in the other animals' respected season. ..no special tags or open season - just can be shot while hunting. ....but that is rumor so far.

The Game Commission wants the pigs gone, completely wiped out. Believe it or not, the PAGC does want our habitat's in natural order and maintain the natural balance despite some of their actions over the years. I have no problem with the GC running the "system" like a business - plenty of the money they receive goes back into buy lands, maintaining them and stocking the fields. I'd much rather give a couple extra dollars if need be to the GC than most other departments in our State government.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

I am not nocking the gc, I understand its the courts and the treehugers. But if they do what you are talking about killing them just during the deer, bear and turkey season they want put a dent in the population.

(Jefferson County)

From what I understand, the court order prohibited a coyote type open or year round season.

Voice your opinion - please write the GC leaders and express your thoughts on the topic.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    From what I understand, the court order prohibited a coyote type open or year round season.

Voice your opinion - please write the GC leaders and express your thoughts on the topic.

I wonder when it became the court's responsibility to make game laws?
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Bedford County)

Thumbs up Re: Wild hog hunting in PA?

The meeting has done taken place... I can't believe how many of the game commission people have no idea what is going on where they work.. January 27,28 and 29 I think was the meeting and in April the vote goes in ... The outcome is the same as all my previous post .. you can incedetally shoot a pig in Deer, Bear and fall turkey season.. Providing you are hunting Deer , Bear, and fall turkey.. You are not permited to persure / hunt pigs period.. But if you trip over a pack you may shoot them... This is the most lame crap I ever heard of... lol the population explosion is on the way.....

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Koli01 View Post
    I wonder when it became the court's responsibility to make game laws?

lol ...a court's decision is law.

It may not be coded law or regulation - but case law has the same weight, sometimes even more power than coded law or regulations.

A law can plainly say, and only say - "Thou shall not eat berries." ....But a judge can say "It looks to me that the law says, 'everyone shall eat berries at 12noon and dance the jig while drinking beer'{whacks gavel}" ...and what the judge says is how the law is upheld.

(Allegheny County)

Here is another question.
    Why would the gc think they could get away not regulating pig with the excuse that they are not native to PA.

Pheasants are not native to PA but they are regulated.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast