Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default FFL / Sterile Parts / Building Guns question

So I am and have always been a guy who likes to tinker. I try out new parts, swap out springs, test a lot of things.. Long story short... Over the years I have accumulated a large number of parts for Glocks. From parts I was able to build 2 full slides, and have enough internals to build 2 more but I do not have the slides. I also have about 5-6 guts of frames, give or take a few pins / $2 springs.

So I guess I have a few questions about what my options are here... I can buy the slides online, no problem and then have 4 extra slides.

I know people sell Glock frames, but they are Sterile parts, have serial numbers, and need to be shipped to an FFL. I am reading online that buying 4 frames at once could be troublesome.

So here are the questions:
    1. Am I even permitted to sell the guns I make, if I am not making the sterile part (Frame)
    2. Can I / Will I send red flags if I buy 4 frames and ship them to my local FFL to sell to me?
    3. What are my options here?

I was actually going to approach the local FFL about holding the frames for me and forcing a buyer to do the transfer there. Might limit the people that would buy them, but I am guessing that would work?

Thanks!

(Blair County)

Default Re: FFL / Sterile Parts / Building Guns question

I don’t know why you use the word “sterile” to refer to a frame. The frame is serial numbered and IS a firearm as far as the ATF and PSP are concerned. The frame is an “other” for ATF transfer and the frame is not a pistol unless it was a pistol in another life for PSP transfer. I am sure an FFL would transfer it as an “other” (ATF) and a firearm (PSP). A FFL would not be required to file a Multiple Sale Report (ATF) as this only applies to Pistols and Revolvers. So, the only record is in the Dealers record book and the PSP. Four handguns do not seem to cause any problems. I have transferred 21 at one time and 17 another, no flags. Any future sales, assembled or bare requires an Transfer.
    Steve