Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Potential LTC and Transfer Issues.

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    OP, you found a credit card, you could have taken it to the nearest police station and turned it in to them, you could have taken it to the nearest bank and turned it into them, you could have just dropped it in the nearest mail box, any of these options would have got the credit card returned to the person who it was issued to, instead, you used it to benefit you, you are a thief, you have a character flaw, you knew it was wrong to use it, it was not a mistake, it was willful theft.
    All True... but shouldn't be prohibiting IMHO (or by law)

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    First, IANAL, so, I might be off base with this comment/opinion. I am open to correction if any forum members see holes in or have issues with my argument.

Since your original post mentions with the successful completion of your ARD you are expecting an expungement, I am assuming your theft by unlawful taking charge rose to the level of a felony (due to the amount you charged on the stolen credit card??). Otherwise, a misdemeanor charge would not necessarily rise to the level of firearm prohibition. If this is the case, your problems may be bigger than you think. Your original post also mentions you previously passed the background check and purchased a firearm. What happened to this firearm during your probation? If you still had it, you may be considered having been in possession of a firearm as a prohibited person which is a felony (perhaps unknown to the authorities and uncharged, yet). If this is true and comes to light, your ARD may be revoked as not successfully completed which would mean your theft by unlawful taking charge may not be expunged as you hoped.

This is in addition to the issues a previous poster brought up about how Philadelphia PD interprets the LTCF regulations/law...which are absolutely true.

Finally, as a member of the forum with "Democrat" in my moniker who has taken some ribbing for it's choice, I can't pass up the chance to point out the irony in your choice of screen name.
    The charge wasn't raised to a felony I checked all my documents prior to opening this thread it's a misdemeanor (M2 the amount used on there card was small no shopping spree) as for my firearm when I was arrested they never asked me had I purchased one or anything of the sort, though I was prohibited during my probation from having anything to do with them. So I gave it to a family member to hold for me so I wouldn't be in any violation of the sort. Yes those issues about PPD interpreting what I did as grounds to deny me scare me the most. I looked at the application thoroughly and my particular charge is not listed as a reason to prohibit LTCF or to even purchase one I just hoped someone had some insight as I know we've all made mistakes at sometime in our lives.
    Yes the irony in my name is quite amusing paired with this topic.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Incomplete information leads to speculations.

Do not assume expungement is automatic. It is not unusual that an ARD'd person has to hire an attorney to see to the expungement.
    Hmm I don't really know how the whole expungement process goes I understand what it means and that's what I was told would happen, but thanks I'll look into that.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    OP, you found a credit card, you could have taken it to the nearest police station and turned it in to them, you could have taken it to the nearest bank and turned it into them, you could have just dropped it in the nearest mail box, any of these options would have got the credit card returned to the person who it was issued to, instead, you used it to benefit you, you are a thief, you have a character flaw, you knew it was wrong to use it, it was not a mistake, it was willful theft.
    All those options you're giving me sound like good options maybe I should a into my time machine and use one of the many choices you've given me. Seriously guy? You have nothing constructive to say that's fine and dandy you could've just as easily skip right over there thread. Thank you for your O so very helpful reply.

SO WHAT, OUR OWN POLITICIANS DO THIS WITH OUR MONEY EVERY DAY AND THEY HAVE GUNS!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseyoungman View Post
    All those options you're giving me sound like good options maybe I should a into my time machine and use one of the many choices you've given me. Seriously guy? You have nothing constructive to say that's fine and dandy you could've just as easily skip right over there thread. Thank you for your O so very helpful reply.
    I think what most replies here are trying to point out is that any one of the things listed above would have been a better choice, and probably required less effort, than the option you chose. While that certainly doesn't help in your time machine scenario, perhaps it may give you a clue as to why the Sheriff or Philly GPU is likely to use the character clause to deny you - a denial you will need to list any time you go through PICS/NICS in the future.

It never would have personally occurred to me to use a found card - I would have turned it in to the nearest store, dropped it in a mailbox, or maybe even called the number on the back so the credit card company could contact the owner and/or put a hold on it. IN MY OPINION, deciding to use the card is a significant character flaw. Speeding late at night on a lonely road is not likely by itself to harm anyone, but stealing ALWAYS has victims - often suffering much greater impact than the gain realized by the thief.

You did a bad thing. That's gonna stay with you for a while. It should.

My 2¢

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    SO WHAT, OUR OWN POLITICIANS DO THIS WITH OUR MONEY EVERY DAY AND THEY HAVE GUNS!
    No, Repo, the politicians don't have guns. They have STAFF with guns so, you know, they can play holier-than-thou.

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post

what does this have to do with anything in this thread? or anything in general.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I think what most replies here are trying to point out is that any one of the things listed above would have been a better choice, and probably required less effort, than the option you chose. While that certainly doesn't help in your time machine scenario, perhaps it may give you a clue as to why the Sheriff or Philly GPU is likely to use the character clause to deny you - a denial you will need to list any time you go through PICS/NICS in the future.

It never would have personally occurred to me to use a found card - I would have turned it in to the nearest store, dropped it in a mailbox, or maybe even called the number on the back so the credit card company could contact the owner and/or put a hold on it. IN MY OPINION, deciding to use the card is a significant character flaw. Speeding late at night on a lonely road is not likely by itself to harm anyone, but stealing ALWAYS has victims - often suffering much greater impact than the gain realized by the thief.

You did a bad thing. That's gonna stay with you for a while. It should.

My 2¢
    Yes I Did a bad thing I understand that I also understand that the other options would've taken considerably less effort I get that. Unfortunately there is no time machine there isn't anything I can do to change what I have already done. I know what I did was wrong I didnt need various people before you to tell me the same thing I been thinking for over a year. With no disrespect I didn't ask anyone why I would get denied by anyone, it was pretty clear to me that If i got denied either the LTCF or purchase of a firearm that it was a result of what I did. Which is why I basically ask does anyone know whats going to happen.

Has anybody ever gotten the feeling that they are being watched.

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast